Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

We had the rain overnight for the last few days, makes for a cold morning. The frost on the grass was beautiful with the sun shining over like sparkles on ocean waves. Can't get over how awesome, power and beauty, mother nature is.

It is supposed to snow all day today. Hasn't started yet. Off and on snow all the way through the 10 day forecast. Looks like winter is finally showing up.

Unrolled 5 5x5 round bales around 7AM this morning. Nice day so far, but next week is downhill.

So glad I put hay out yesterday instead of waiting until after church today like normal. It's 37 and raining. While I know that's not "winter" to folks from the north, it's still plenty miserable!
Will freeze you to death with
The gusting wind we're getting and the showers

So glad I put hay out yesterday instead of waiting until after church today like normal. It's 37 and raining. While I know that's not "winter" to folks from the north, it's still plenty miserable!
I fell timber on the Washington coast for 20 years. Raining and 37 is like normal weather November through March. Not saying it isn't miserable. But you just lace up the boots, put on the rain gear, take a deep breath, and fly at it.
I didn't feed until a couple hours after we got home from church. I was hoping it would quit snowing. It did...... after we were done feeding. Flaking a big square off the back of a flat bed pick bouncing across the field. Snow adds to the experience.

We had the rain overnight for the last few days, makes for a cold morning. The frost on the grass was beautiful with the sun shining over like sparkles on ocean waves. Can't get over how awesome, power and beauty, mother nature is.
I just can't stand by without saying something here........... You know... I don't want to be too "nit picky"... and please know that I very much am with you.... nature is absolutely astoundingly and unfathomably beautiful............. but it just really bothers me when I see people giving "mother nature" the credit for that... That "awesome power and beauty" didn't just "happen" through benign, random, cataclysmic and cosmic happenings. No, it's our Creator Savior God that divinely planned and made it that way, specifically for US. Every reference to "mother nature" is a compromising of the truth, and a stealing of the honor and reverence rightly given to God... in "submission" to the political correctness of this unbelieving, denying world.

I hear what you are saying. I just don't think that the creator kills all those involved in "weather patterns".
ie.
Tornados - our farm was completely destroyed in March. Our very religious neighbor was the only one that died that day when his, along with 30 other homes, disappeared that day.

Hurricanes- hundreds of innocent die each year. We have been through 7 since 2003 in Florida

Fires pushed by wind- California , enough said...

Earthquakes, tsunami, etc.

I believe that If it is our creator that has the wrath and vengeance of this type, We would look elsewhere for comfort. Hence the reason I see weather as mother nature, not gods will.

I hear what you are saying. I just don't think that the creator kills all those involved in "weather patterns".
ie.
Tornados - our farm was completely destroyed in March. Our very religious neighbor was the only one that died that day when his, along with 30 other homes, disappeared that day.

Hurricanes- hundreds of innocent die each year. We have been through 7 since 2003 in Florida

Fires pushed by wind- California , enough said...

Earthquakes, tsunami, etc.

I believe that If it is our creator that has the wrath and vengeance of this type, We would look elsewhere for comfort. Hence the reason I see weather as mother nature, not gods will.
It's not necessarily God's wrath or vengeance, but as long as we live in this sinful world bad things are gonna happen, death and destruction will happen wether it be by weather or other means. We won't be free from those things until we reach those pearly gates.

DSC05555.JPG1607983299819.jpegDSC05563.JPGDSC05564.JPG

Nice chilly morning, pond's full of ducks.
Many does around, even some big bucks.

Calves are feeling fine, mamas are good too.
Bull's enjoying the sun, and it's also good for you.

The rain is gone, cattle are eating hay.
Wind is calm, hope y'all enjoy the day!

Last edited:

Latest posts