Obamacare Stands

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you ask. My parents always used cattle antibiotics on my brothers and me as kids. We are all still alive and no worse for the the farm animal treatment. Based the dosage on our weight. Might not have been the right thing to do, but it was what they had available to them. My kids have no problem taking them either.

CottageFarm":1g9whgic said:
I don't advocate for anyone to be without insurance, it's a gamble either way. That''s the nature of insurance to begin with. The ins. company's are betting you stay healthy, if you buy insurance you're betting that you won't stay healthy. We simple ran the numbers and weighed the risk for ourselves, and decided it would cost us less to pay for things ourselves. Even if something serious happens, we'd be screwed even with ins. because it's not the cost of the care, (that can be managed) it's the loss of income that would be the bigger problem. That's when the money saved on premiums really comes into play, for us anyway.

Romney will need a majority in both houses to repeal. One can hope, but.... What's the last law you can remember being repealed??? :frowns:
Most don't have it because they don't want it. They spend their money they way THEY want to and go to the emergency room if anything unexpected comes up (like a cold or flu) or getting shot. They CANNOT be refused treatment. This will be no different except now they can penalize you....even with the penalty it's cheaper to pay it than pay for insurance and that's what Buckwheat wants....another 500 billion to give away.

backhoeboogie":10vzuroh said:
hooknline":10vzuroh said:
Getting close to the time we take up arms again

Prolly a little past that time. We must be more tolerant than the forefathers. A lot of them left their home countries just to be protestant.
They were already protestant...they just didn't want to be Anglican protestant. Our forefathers were not running from the Catholic Church.

TexasBred":2r1jhzw5 said:
backhoeboogie":2r1jhzw5 said:
hooknline":2r1jhzw5 said:
Getting close to the time we take up arms again

Prolly a little past that time. We must be more tolerant than the forefathers. A lot of them left their home countries just to be protestant.
They were already protestant...they just didn't want to be Anglican protestant. Our forefathers were not running from the Catholic Church.
they were running from the priests :p

ALACOWMAN":e2zu2638 said:
TexasBred":e2zu2638 said:

We should ask Dun and see if he remembers.

:lol:

The "haves" will continue to have everything. The "have nots" will get everything for free, and the "hardly have enough's " will pay for it all.

I just heard in the news a family making 30k a year will have to pay 2000 per year by 2016 . I think Roberts did the people a favor by showing them what they are in for . Now people will vote accordingly . And to top it all off the I r s will be regulating it . Alan it will automatically be marked down on your taxes . I e u start the year 2k in the hole . So just not getting a return won't work . Where u normally got back 100 bucks you will now owe 1900 .

ALACOWMAN":3tntxa1j said:

Probably...but Protestant Anglican Priests.

About 12 percent of 300 Protestant clergy surveyed admitted to sexual intercourse with a parishioner;
38 percent acknowledges other inappropriate sexual contact in a study by the United Methodist Church;
41.8 percent of clergy women reported unwanted sexual behavior;
17 percent of laywomen have been sexually harassed.
At the same time, 1.7 percent of the Catholic clergy have been found guilty of pedophilia while
10 percent of the Protestant ministers have been found guilty of pedophilia.

JSCATTLE, from what I saw on Fox this morning, for what little faith I have in the media, that's the reason Obama said it wasn't a tax, because is was taken from the your tax returns and was part of what the court slapped around and said it is a tax .... But that was from the media, who BTW reported it wrong this morning and had to change their reports, they said it got struck down at first.

That's probably my biggest problem with this plan, no one knows what happening or how it works and Obama ain't sayin :mad:

Alan

Charles Krauthammer says Roberts tossed it back to the people, to strengthen the Court's reputation for neutrality. I'm good with that. Let's have an election.

Alan":1j8lkzp2 said:
JSCATTLE, from what I saw on Fox this morning, for what little faith I have in the media, that's the reason Obama said it wasn't a tax, because is was taken from the your tax returns and was part of what the court slapped around and said it is a tax .... But that was from the media, who BTW reported it wrong this morning and had to change their reports, they said it got struck down at first.

That's probably my biggest problem with this plan, no one knows what happening or how it works and Obama ain't sayin :mad:

Alan
Supreme court ruled it a tax . Show me one time bozo told the truth when talking to the people . He has lied from day one . He stood in front of the mic and said I promise that I won't raise any kind of tax on people making less than 250k a year . :bs: and think about how bad it will be trying to go see a dr. I have ins. But I'm not the kind to sit around and say o well it doesn't effect me .

john250":1xinnmj1 said:
Charles Krauthammer says Roberts tossed it back to the people, to strengthen the Court's reputation for neutrality. I'm good with that. Let's have an election.
Now you're talking John. ;-) Roberts may have given Buckwheat what appears to be a victory on the surface but is really going to be like a virus in a computer. :clap:

JSCATTLE":1wo81x6l said:
Alan":1wo81x6l said:

Alan
Supreme court ruled it a tax . Show me one time bozo told the truth when talking to the people . He has lied from day one . He stood in front of the mic and said I promise that I won't raise any kind of tax on people making less than 250k a year . :bs: and think about how bad it will be trying to go see a dr. I have ins. But I'm not the kind to sit around and say o well it doesn't effect me .

I agree 100%, sometimes you want to beat the boss bloody (just a simple comment feds not a threat). But as the country is today we are all pizzing in a tornado, it doesn't matter what you do it will still end up stinking as long a we are less then human and have no voice. Vote out your congress person or governor..... what!!!! a miss count or a few thousand votes got tossed for whatever reason the leb still won, this country needs a seriuos wake up call or a ....... (just a comment feds no threat). As the Beatles said "Back to the U.S.S.R".

Alan

TexasBred":35fjgide said:
john250":35fjgide said:
Now you're talking John. ;-) Roberts may have given Buckwheat what appears to be a victory on the surface but is really going to be like a virus in a computer. :clap:

We can only hope that is how it turns out, it's a comforting thought.

Alan

I'm afraid Obama Care is here to stay. I may be the lone voice on this but I think the Republicans are dancing in the halls because of this passage since this will give them a stronger foothold to get elected. They will not repeal this law at all. Their signs are already showing to repeal and replace. What is it that they have to replace if it is repealed? No. I see this as a power grab showing just how much power the federal government can have over the people and the states. Both parties have a lust for this type power. We've lost this country but it was lost over 100 years ago at the battle of Gettysburg in that little war concerning state's rights. I hope I'm wrong but I foresee the republicans taking the white house this fall and then I see them shoring up better deals for the insurance companies and the big pharmaceutical companies that keep them in office. This way we will take it from both ends. You know the american way. :cry2:

CottageFarm":337yjxyd said:
Alan":337yjxyd said:
While I agree it's a tax, the reports are the tax for declining will be taken out of your tax refund, easy don't get a refund. With that said they (we) still have to pay for ...... More taxes.

It's here for now my biggest questions are what will it cost to cover my wife and myself? We are paying a little over $800 per month now and is it for general health care or just the big stuff? Google is little help with all the action this morning, my wife said that twitter crashed this morning .... The Internet is hopping this morning.

Unfortunately Alan, you won't know how much more it will cost you until your premiums start to rise. Though that will be soon enough. It will hit people like my husband and I hard. We don't carry health ins. It would cost us about $7500 / yr to buy a pretty basic plan (current prices), with still significant out of pocket for RX & other stuff before reaching deduct. limits. We spend less than $1000/yr, incl RX, by simply paying for health care ourselves. So, thanks to the Obamacare, I figure (very conservatively) it will cost us at least an additional $2000, to continue to NOT have insurance. :mad:

Dun, I would say it's more like "Welcome to the Fascist States of America".......
and I don't use that term lightly, I'm only calling it the way I see it

the good news for you though is that since your state voted for him he is hightailing it out there to put out the fires.....

Unlike Texas and Virginia where the emperors minions denied us repeatedly evenFEMA disater declaration in spite of record setting natural disasters we have had.....

I do hope he gets your fires put out today as he will no doubt promise....but he is a low down, coniving, no account, lying, thieving, community organizer who is president only for his supporters....the rest of us must simply cling to our guns and our bibles since he is trying mightily to trample and trash the constitution.

An interesting article by Charles Krautheimer points out that Chief Justice Roberts has actually done the nation some favors....
Limiting the use of the commerce clause.....defining Obama care as a tax....this is important because now all that is needed to repeal is a simple majority not a super majority. And the limiting of compelling states to participate in the expansion of Medicade....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...berts-did-it/2012/06/28/gJQA4X0g9V_story.html

Obama told Ellen DeGeneres that—unlike his opponent Hillary Clinton—he opposed forcing the uninsured to buy health insurance, saying that it would be like forcing the homeless to buy homes....... Democratic campaign of 2008

TB....
I have figured out a little trick to tell when the community organizer in chief is lying....
his lips are moving...like the geico gecko he needs a better ventriloquist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts