How's my corral plan from complete greeny?

Help Support CattleToday:

7greenhorn look up cccattleequipment in Sobol, OK. They make all steel crowding tubs in your price range, that are strong enough to hold any bovine in North America.

After some use, a lot of cow poop, and some rain, you may find those spring load wheels not a whole lot of help.

backhoeboogie":ze626a4h said:
7greenhorn":ze626a4h said:
Hey backhoeboogie! I'm not sure I would really benefit from the medina gate. Seems like it's more for longhorns? Hoping a squeeze chute would suffice for all our maintenance needs. But thanks for the advice! I didn't really know what a medina gate was until now :oops:

A medina was all Dad and Grandad had for years. Neither ever ran longhorns. I have a 20 foot medina sweeping in to the chute. For a whole lot of things I do, I don't even use a squeeze. One of my nurse cows has horns. Other than that, nothing has horns.

Anyway, it was just a thought. Probably old habits but I would not be without a Medina.
I saw one being used for Brangus yearlings and big wean calves when I was up in North Texas last week for the 1st time. It was pretty dang slick--and quick and probably built for a song.
7greenhorn:
There's lots and lots of people here way more experienced with handling cows than me but..
You're young and you will want this facility to last a long time. (after some use, you'll tweak it somewhat from design anyway--everybody does) That crowding gate will take more abuse and get more use than any other moving part. Even the most docile cattle are going to get a little excited and push back on it and you realy really don't problems with this one. Make an exception on that gate & post and build it the best you can afford to. You'll be glad in the long run.

Latest posts