Hello from Deep East Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Incidentally, not a drop of rain today. Tree #4 went down last night…thankfully didn't hit a fence. Spent the day burning smaller stuff picked up in the yard and used limb loppers to cut a lot of the smaller stuff from the crowns of the two downed trees closest to the house…burned all of that, too.
When I picked up the mail yesterday afternoon, I found someone had hydroplaned through the fence AGAIN.... Third time in 18 months. This is getting ridiculous. Been working on fences a while already and beginning to get tired of it. Now I have more to fix because someone can't keep a vehicle on the road in the rain.

When I picked up the mail yesterday afternoon, I found someone had hydroplaned through the fence AGAIN.... Third time in 18 months. This is getting ridiculous. Been working on fences a while already and beginning to get tired of it. Now I have more to fix because someone can't keep a vehicle on the road in the rain.
ugh! May need to build a fence with some those big concrete barriers they use in construction zones...lol

Might have to look into that. Or plant some big trees close together. A tree stopped the last one from plowing through the fence.

When I got to work this morning, there was a 75 - 80 foot pine that fell over with the crown on half of the highway…and I was the only maintenance-type person there. Spent 6 hours cutting and moving that thing. A little over 3' in diameter at the base…sigh

Attachments

• IMG_1330.jpeg
    IMG_1330.jpeg
    721.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1329.jpeg
    IMG_1329.jpeg
    607 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1328.jpeg
    IMG_1328.jpeg
    692.3 KB · Views: 7
ugh! May need to build a fence with some those big concrete barriers they use in construction zones...lol
Or get some of the "guard rail" metal that the highway dept uses... they sometimes have "used" stuff that gets taken down in places... the sad things about trees is sometimes someone hits them hard enough to damage/break them.... guard rail and concrete in that section would be a much more permanent solution to your fence and probably more "permanent" solution to their running through the fence and leaving the mess for you with no idea of who did it either....

Latest posts