Depths of Depression

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14.":830ad4ld said:
greybeard":830ad4ld said:
I can't say we're missing much Jo. But you can still go. Evidently all you need is a Ronco Pocket Fisherman and a sledgehammer to knock a hole in the ice.
ice-fishing-tackle-2.jpg

At first, I thought this was bait, but seems it's 'a thing' up there to catch. Fishing for minnows...who knew?
hqdefault.jpg
Smelt! Tastes real good! Never been smelt fishing though
I never seen a person fishing for smelt. We use a dip net when they are running in the rivers. When they are in good 2 or 3 dips will fill a 5 gallon bucket. I prefer them smoked. They are also the best sturgeon bait there is.

Nesikep":1h97uy56 said:
Stocker Steve":1h97uy56 said:
Caustic Burno":1h97uy56 said:
There is ice fishing if you don't become a polar bear snack.

I am not up for catching minnows.

Maybe Aaron can organize a fishing trip on Lake of the Woods?
My crazy horse lady works at a resort there!..
Can she get us a good deal?

Nesikep":3sddsse4 said:
Stocker Steve":3sddsse4 said:
Caustic Burno":3sddsse4 said:
There is ice fishing if you don't become a polar bear snack.

I am not up for catching minnows.

Maybe Aaron can organize a fishing trip on Lake of the Woods?
My crazy horse lady works at a resort there!..

Yes. I know. Seen her FB page. Not much for cows in the Northern MN tip here, but lots of crazy horse ladies. If you want higher quality cow ladies, you have to import from Steve's area or even further south and west. But they'll probably hog tie you if you try anything funny.

Hunter":y1bmehp3 said:
dun":y1bmehp3 said:
jltrent":y1bmehp3 said:
If Al would have gotten elected you would be a lot more depressed.
He would have invented something to make it all better. Shades of Fahrenheit 451!

Didn't he invent the internets?
Yup, that's why I knew he could invent anything

Jogeephus":2sy0di1e said:
I believe I'm at the lowest point of my life. I don't know how many of you remember this but this month nine years ago Al Gore promised that the ice caps would be gone by 2018. Though this sent many people into a panic I viewed this as a golden fishing opportunity where I would be able to fish 12 million square kilometers of pristine, virgin unfished waters. The very thought of this once in a lifetime opportunity was just mind boggling so I made plans to be there this spring before there was a rush of other fishermen to these waters. I pre-booked everything and now that its 2018 the ice is still there and it don't look like its going anywhere anytime soon. I'm crushed is all I can say. It was bad enough that I never got a free phone but now THIS! I'm crushed.
And....the tifton fields didn't become beach front property..... :lol:

1982vett":106w59ot said:
Jogeephus":106w59ot said:
I believe I'm at the lowest point of my life. I don't know how many of you remember this but this month nine years ago Al Gore promised that the ice caps would be gone by 2018. Though this sent many people into a panic I viewed this as a golden fishing opportunity where I would be able to fish 12 million square kilometers of pristine, virgin unfished waters. The very thought of this once in a lifetime opportunity was just mind boggling so I made plans to be there this spring before there was a rush of other fishermen to these waters. I pre-booked everything and now that its 2018 the ice is still there and it don't look like its going anywhere anytime soon. I'm crushed is all I can say. It was bad enough that I never got a free phone but now THIS! I'm crushed.

Yep, and I based the payment on my balloon note on that happening. Lots of ice, no o-phone and no beachfront property. What else can go wrong? :bang:

Jogeephus":3l3g09kk said:
1982vett":3l3g09kk said:
Jogeephus":3l3g09kk said:

Yep, and I based the payment on my balloon note on that happening. Lots of ice, no o-phone and no beachfront property. What else can go wrong? :bang:
Never ever ask that question Jo....i've had & been beachfront property. It ain't all that anyway..really.

Unforeseen circumstance of global warming was the resulting sinking of the sea floor under the added weight of glacial meltwater thus alleviating sea level rise.

And just imagine the size of biceps/triceps that guy has too. Must be more to this ice fishing thing than I thought..
:lol: :lol:

Latest posts