Depths of Depression

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I believe I'm at the lowest point of my life. I don't know how many of you remember this but this month nine years ago Al Gore promised that the ice caps would be gone by 2018. Though this sent many people into a panic I viewed this as a golden fishing opportunity where I would be able to fish 12 million square kilometers of pristine, virgin unfished waters. The very thought of this once in a lifetime opportunity was just mind boggling so I made plans to be there this spring before there was a rush of other fishermen to these waters. I pre-booked everything and now that its 2018 the ice is still there and it don't look like its going anywhere anytime soon. I'm crushed is all I can say. It was bad enough that I never got a free phone but now THIS! I'm crushed.

I can't say we're missing much Jo. But you can still go. Evidently all you need is a Ronco Pocket Fisherman and a sledgehammer to knock a hole in the ice.
ice-fishing-tackle-2.jpg

At first, I thought this was bait, but seems it's 'a thing' up there to catch. Fishing for minnows...who knew?
hqdefault.jpg

greybeard":553i6ztj said:
I can't say we're missing much Jo. But you can still go. Evidently all you need is a Ronco Pocket Fisherman and a sledgehammer to knock a hole in the ice.
ice-fishing-tackle-2.jpg

At first, I thought this was bait, but seems it's 'a thing' up there to catch. Fishing for minnows...who knew?
hqdefault.jpg
Smelt! Tastes real good! Never been smelt fishing though

Stocker Steve":rqaxiic8 said:
Caustic Burno":rqaxiic8 said:
There is ice fishing if you don't become a polar bear snack.

I am not up for catching minnows.

Maybe Aaron can organize a fishing trip on Lake of the Woods?

Good luck with that. :lol: I make sure my brain doesn't freeze in the winter, which is what causes people to think sitting on ice with a pole looking down into a water hole is a 'good time'.

There are a few shacks on the river at the Baudette bridge, but not near as many as there have been other years.

ez14.":3tbe3x3q said:
greybeard":3tbe3x3q said:
ice-fishing-tackle-2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Better taste good. Their to small for bait.

jltrent":2w7lsjwa said:
If Al would have gotten elected you would be a lot more depressed.
He would have invented something to make it all better. Shades of Fahrenheit 451!

callmefence":1gbk4vq9 said:
ez14.":1gbk4vq9 said:
greybeard":1gbk4vq9 said:
ice-fishing-tackle-2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Better taste good. Their to small for bait.
only thing I don't like about eating smelt is that they usually leave the fins on! You just cut the head off and pull the guts out and the fins can be a little prickly going down

dun":pyp5l950 said:
jltrent":pyp5l950 said:
If Al would have gotten elected you would be a lot more depressed.
He would have invented something to make it all better. Shades of Fahrenheit 451!

Didn't he invent the internets?

kenny thomas":26i1l76y said:
Jogee, maybe HSTexas will invite you to spend some time down in TX instead,
All are welcome in my little kingdom.

kenny thomas":moyfnca9 said:
Jogee, maybe HSTexas will invite you to spend some time down in TX instead,

I don't think so. I have a Plan B which is to go hunting in Sri Lanka where I hope to bag one of those Rusty Spotted cats. I've always wanted a full taxidermy mount of one of these critters and my 458 Weatherby should be just the ticket to take one of these safely. Actually, this was my first choice but after hearing Al warn about the ice caps melting I had enough common sense to know that this wouldn't be possible since Sri Lanka would be underwater and all the cats would drown hence my plans on fishing.

FWIW, them guys fishing in the ice they need to dig a bigger hole if they expect to catch a respectable sized fish.

Being from the south,, can't imagine dragging a a hut out on the ice, and actually being able to sleep in it..... My luck Als theory,would kick in over night....

Latest posts