Custer's Last Stand

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
dun":3l2wwzwi said:
Caustic Burno":3l2wwzwi said:
Weren't too smart to loose it all to a few Spaniards carrying mostly swords and spears.
The Mayans were the most advanced with a complete written language.
They just disappeared.
The Aztec and Incas folded to a few Spaniards.
Lower IQ bit them in the butt.
Disease was the eurpeons most powerful weapon. Subdued most races.
Very true. Hard to imagine that there were actually millions of indians in both North and South America until the European landed and diseases wiped out huge numbers. CB your comments are pathetic. Quite obvious you live closer to the equator than most of us. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":q5adaf84 said:
dun":q5adaf84 said:
Caustic Burno":q5adaf84 said:
Weren't too smart to loose it all to a few Spaniards carrying mostly swords and spears.
They just disappeared.
Very true. Hard to imagine that there were actually millions of indians in both North and South America until the European landed and diseases wiped out huge numbers. CB your comments are pathetic. Quite obvious you live closer to the equator than most of us. :lol: :lol:

My good friend TT is only a couple miles this side of it. :hide:

TexasBred":tvdizzwq said:
dun":tvdizzwq said:
Caustic Burno":tvdizzwq said:
They just disappeared.

My ancestry is not from there thank goodness.
Does it make you bitter because it is where your ancestors are from.
Can't out run your DNA.
Maybe if you take your Senokot and Flomax you might feel better.

Caustic Burno":1yu7qidy said:
TexasBred":1yu7qidy said:
dun":1yu7qidy said:

My ancestry is not from there thank goodness.
Does it make you bitter because it is where your ancestors are from.
Can't out run your DNA.
CB I am extremely proud of my ancestors. The Quechua are alive and well and their language is spoken by millions, their architecture survives, their thousands of miles of roads are still in use, their art is priceless, their discoveries in astronomy are still used today and much much more. Tell me about your DNA Professor.

Bright Raven":2l5pxsw8 said:
TexasBred":2l5pxsw8 said:
dun":2l5pxsw8 said:

My good friend TT is only a couple miles this side of it. :hide:

Raven you better keep an eye on TT. When you're not looking he has a tendency to "cross over" the equator. :lol2: :lol2:

TB your not worth my time as a poster I used to truly respect IMO has turned into a bitter old man just looking for a fight not a discussion.

HDRider":22r4juig said:
I'd add, large population centers breed different cultures, art and science than small bands of nomads.

An agrarian society allows for specialized farmers, hunters, etc. This allows time for scholarly pursuits, theology developments, an advanced hierarchy of government, etc. B/c the Native Americans were "constantly" on the move, their societies lacked some of these.

Caustic Burno":dwet6rox said:
TB your not worth my time as a poster I used to truly respect IMO has turned into a bitter old man just looking for a fight not a discussion.
Only waiting for you to say something intelligent, Professor.

Bestoutwest":24p2fbj4 said:
HDRider":24p2fbj4 said:
I'd add, large population centers breed different cultures, art and science than small bands of nomads.

An agrarian society allows for specialized farmers, hunters, etc. This allows time for scholarly pursuits, theology developments, an advanced hierarchy of government, etc. B/c the Native Americans were "constantly" on the move, their societies lacked some of these.

And seemingly more content because of it..in many instances.

Bestoutwest":1y93cqau said:
HDRider":1y93cqau said:

Many had no need for any of this at the time. There system was working perfect. Imagine what the thinking was when ships landed with people dressed like you had never seen, carrying weapons you had never seen nor heard, riding some animal you had never seen, and speaking a language you had never heard. Probably was more than a little panic especially when the first shot rang out and people started falling over dead.

TexasBred":etr37q4x said:
Bestoutwest":etr37q4x said:
HDRider":etr37q4x said:

Many had no need for any of this at the time. There system was working perfect. Imagine what the thinking was when ships landed with people dressed like you had never seen, carrying weapons you had never seen nor heard, riding some animal you had never seen, and speaking a language you had never heard. Probably was more than a little panic especially when the first shot rang out and people started falling over dead.

I can only imagine how terrifying it was to see someone holding a stick that made noise and shot projectiles. And then, in the case of the Mayflower, they steal your corn and follow you when they see you. It's quite remarkable that ANY of them were friendly at all.

bball":etr37q4x said:
And seemingly more content because of it..in many instances.

Us or them? I've read that most nomadic societies have a higher level of satisfaction in life, but honestly I wonder how that's something that's easily measurable.

TexasBred":z55xldz9 said:
backhoeboogie":z55xldz9 said:
HDRider":z55xldz9 said:

The attacks.

Nothing you have done HDR

Boogie you show up once a month and add nothing. Nobody has attacked you. Matter of fact never even gave you a thought.

4th time just today I have logged in.

Lots of folks have simply left.

TexasBred":3spuha4r said:
Caustic Burno":3spuha4r said:
Only waiting for you to say something intelligent, Professor.

Can't have that discussion with you looking at the DNA map you drew the short straw.

backhoeboogie":2cwk9wtt said:
TexasBred":2cwk9wtt said:
backhoeboogie":2cwk9wtt said:
The attacks.

Nothing you have done HDR

Boogie you show up once a month and add nothing. Nobody has attacked you. Matter of fact never even gave you a thought.

4th time just today I have logged in.

Lots of folks have simply left.

Are you saying they left because they were attacked? Are you placing that blame on TexasBred?

This is not directed at you, Boogie. Several Users lament that many have left. Some say it is because of me or CG8. Some say it is because the libs have taken over. One even said it is because the forum has become too intellectual.

If you boil that down it says to me that they left because they "can't have their way". Sounds like they need a dose of backbone! Or maybe they just need to grow up.

Bestoutwest":4nnwm0dn said:
HDRider":4nnwm0dn said:

The mongols were constantly on the move and nomadic as well .
They ended up conquering most of the known world in less than a 100 years.
Their conquests changed history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts