Custer's Last Stand

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
TennesseeTuxedo":1etm9ne1 said:
Bright Raven":1etm9ne1 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1etm9ne1 said:
I hear ya, just like the natives in Africa, they sat around for centuries and did nothing to advance their societies through technology.

American Indians were nomads. Nomadic societies are at a disadvantage in advancing technology. They were also newcomers to North America where as the Europeans were settled and that promotes technological advancement. The factors in Africa include a very difficult environment. Lots of disease and difficult environmental conditions.

Are you really trying to say that Indians were "newcomers" to North America? POPPYCOCK!

I have heard it a million times, they are the only truly native Americans.

Human habitation in North America is relatively recent in relationship to Europe. I don't think you will find any studies that refute that.

Therefore, my point is simply that humans did not have as much time in North America as humans did in Europe and Asia to advance Technology.

Bright Raven":f91mhc05 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":f91mhc05 said:
Bright Raven":f91mhc05 said:
American Indians were nomads. Nomadic societies are at a disadvantage in advancing technology. They were also newcomers to North America where as the Europeans were settled and that promotes technological advancement. The factors in Africa include a very difficult environment. Lots of disease and difficult environmental conditions.

Are you really trying to say that Indians were "newcomers" to North America? POPPYCOCK!

Human habitation in North America is relatively recent in relationship to Europe. I don't think you will find any studies that refute that.

Therefore, my point is simply that humans did have as much time in North America as humans did in Europe and Asia to advance Technology.

Nice, so what's their excuse for not advancing much since then?

TennesseeTuxedo":q66ybvhg said:
Bright Raven":q66ybvhg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":q66ybvhg said:

Therefore, my point is simply that humans did have as much time in North America as humans did in Europe and Asia to advance Technology.

Since 1876, they have existed in a society that imploded. If you are looking for excuses. Try that, however, I don't think looking for excuses is productive or even interesting.

You can't change thousand of years of DNA in less than 200 years.
There was still resistance up into the 1880's. That just three generations.

Bright Raven":2od2vqus said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2od2vqus said:
Bright Raven":2od2vqus said:

Since 1876, they have existed in a society that imploded. If you are looking for excuses. Try that, however, I don't think looking for excuses is productive or even interesting.

I agree. Excuses are for the weak minded.

Caustic Burno":3tph5iz6 said:
greybeard":3tph5iz6 said:
https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country
List and map of IQ by country at above link.

I don't doubt that data at all in today's world.
I would be curious to what the Average American Indians would have ran 200 years ago compared to their counterparts the settlers.
Even the illiterate settlers were centuries ahead IMO.
A little bit of study on your part would bring you up to date on the thousands of inventions of the indians of north and south America that the European did not have. BTW the Europeans didn't invent the wheel either. They borrowed it from the people of the middle east (Arabs) along with geometry, astronomy and many other things. Why would the indians even want the wheel?? They had nothign to pull it with. Yet the built huge cities with pyramids hundreds of feet tall and with geometric perfection. CB I do think you need much more study with a broader reach. Apparently you spent way too much time on Organic Chemistry. :mrgreen:

Yeah the white man really improved things!
"When the Indians were the sole
occupants of this land, they had no taxes, no national debt, no
centralized government, no military draft, no foreign aid programs,
no banks, no stock markets, no nuclear weapons, and their women did
all the work.
How could you improve on that?

TexasBred":y3kh61c7 said:
Caustic Burno":y3kh61c7 said:
greybeard":y3kh61c7 said:
https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country
List and map of IQ by country at above link.

I don't doubt that data at all in today's world.
I would be curious to what the Average American Indians would have ran 200 years ago compared to their counterparts the settlers.
Even the illiterate settlers were centuries ahead IMO.
A little bit of study on your part would bring you up to date on the thousands of inventions of the indians of north and south America that the European did not have. BTW the Europeans didn't invent the wheel either. They borrowed it from the people of the middle east (Arabs) along with geometry, astronomy and many other things. Why would the indians even want the wheel?? They had nothign to pull it with. Yet the built huge cities with pyramids hundreds of feet tall and with geometric perfection. CB I do think you need much more study with a broader reach. Apparently you spent way too much time on Organic Chemistry. :mrgreen:

Weren't too smart to loose it all to a few Spaniards carrying mostly swords and spears.
The Mayans were the most advanced with a complete written language.
They just disappeared.
The Aztec and Incas folded to a few Spaniards.
Lower IQ bit them in the butt.

Humans are all the same species. IQ is a minor factor. In fact, IQ has lost its credibility:

IQ tests are misleading because they do not accurately reflect intelligence, according to a study which found that a minimum of three different exams are needed to measure someone's brainpower.Dec 19, 2012.

Google it. There are several sources that disregard IQ as having any significance.

Regardless, even if IQ is valid, then let's look at GB's chart. The race of Homo sapiens that has the highest IQ is the Mongoloid Race -
29eq3r4.jpg

Chinese, Japanese, Mongolians, and guess who else. The American Indian is considered by Anthropologist to be of the Mongoloid Race.

That says their DNA holds more promise than the average Caucasian. Humans have occupied the Americas for a short time relative to the length of time humans have occupied Europe and Asia. Yet, humans in the Americas actually developed into advanced cultures.

Lastly, what is the point anyway. The issue was raised by a penguin!

Caustic Burno":1e6uck3j said:
Weren't too smart to loose it all to a few Spaniards carrying mostly swords and spears.
They just disappeared.
Disease was the eurpeons most powerful weapon. Subdued most races.

the first carts (Sumarians) and in Europe, Asia, and the Mideast were pulled by humans. Didn't take them long to find a 4 legged creature to pull them tho.

Whitey even figured out how to get the ancient American Bison to do it...

il_fullxfull.308912079.jpg

11401566_938728112852654_8290050593604280784_n.jpg

Other cultures hooked canines (domesticated wolves) up to carts
ca7a2ca58cdd95438216614f7d59328e.jpg

Amazing what can be done with a wheel and a wild animal...providing someone is smart enough to invent said wheel.
Chairs....Architectural stone arch? Absent in North America until brought in by Europeans and Asians.

dun":vva8k7ev said:
Caustic Burno":vva8k7ev said:
They just disappeared.

Yep. Europeans were filthy. That is a fact.

Bright Raven":2bvpe4xe said:
dun":2bvpe4xe said:
Caustic Burno":2bvpe4xe said:
They just disappeared.

Wasn;t cleanliness, it was diseases that they had been exposed to and built tolerence to that the other peoples didn;t have

dun":1n61uvn7 said:
Bright Raven":1n61uvn7 said:
dun":1n61uvn7 said:

Wasn;t cleanliness, it was diseases that they had been exposed to and built tolerence to that the other peoples didn;t have

Yes. I was adding a little humor to it. :D

While we're on the subject, is there any dog anywhere with a lower IQ than a Chihuahua?

Bright Raven":21vkg5xo said:
dun":21vkg5xo said:
Caustic Burno":21vkg5xo said:
They just disappeared.

Never been an argument.
The theory is based on farther from the equator took more planning to survive the winters. It has some valid points and of course there will always be exceptions to the rule in a population.

Caustic Burno":2qrwoaxq said:
Bright Raven":2qrwoaxq said:
dun":2qrwoaxq said:

Never been an argument.
The theory is based on farther from the equator took more planning to survive the winters. It has some valid points and of course there will always be exceptions to the rule in a population.

I am not aware of the theory. There are many factors that play a role in how progressive a culture or society is in making advances in technology.

I have read that available time is a major factor. If all needs are met then a citizen of a society has the time to sit down and "build a better mouse trap" so to speak. I think all people have the capability but does their demand for resources reduce the time available to make technological advances?

I personally am not making it an argument. Glad you feel the same.

greybeard":2k93cxhw said:
the first carts (Sumarians) and in Europe, Asia, and the Mideast were pulled by humans. Didn't take them long to find a 4 legged creature to pull them tho.

Whitey even figured out how to get the ancient American Bison to do it...

il_fullxfull.308912079.jpg

11401566_938728112852654_8290050593604280784_n.jpg

Other cultures hooked canines (domesticated wolves) up to carts
ca7a2ca58cdd95438216614f7d59328e.jpg

Amazing what can be done with a wheel and a wild animal...providing someone is smart enough to invent said wheel.
Chairs....Architectural stone arch? Absent in North America until brought in by Europeans and Asians.

Along with metal work. A few tribes cultures figured out copper,gold and silver.
They never got to bronze for weapons.
The metal work was mainly ceremonial
That left them in the Stone Age.

What strikes me about the North American Indian, which excludes the Incas, Aztecs, Mayans, etc. is despite their primitive state of technological advancement, that had a wonderful philosophical view of their existence. Their Spiritual beliefs are much less violent and peace loving than the Judeo-Christian values. I find lots of their poetry reflects a wisdom not found in the Judeo-Christian culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts