Best Bull names you've heard....

Help Support CattleToday:

If mine ever get a name it usually involves a descriptive word plus the breeder's name. So, Horned Walt, Curly Walt, Red Bill, Blaze Faced Matt, etc.

I don't name any of mine, that way I don't get attached, but sometimes when working them they get call a bunch of names I can't repeat in this forum.
I've got an Angus cow that my wife don't like, she and I get along fine. My wife calls her bi*ch so my grand kids started calling her "the B word" Now her name is Bea.

There was a holstein bull who's actual registered name was Brass Balls....

Most of ours are called by their eartag number.... but one big red poll bull we had was Bubba...super disposition, quiet, respectful, never saw him breed but everything was always preg that he got put with...
Not any "descriptive names like @TCRanch has... son's gf named one Roscoe, made him a pet and is a s.o.b..... won't stay in fences, does not respect your space... I am scared he will turn on you one day... he is slated to go because we can't keep him in...

Peter lasted one season before he tried to take out Mr. TC. Bought him the same time we bought Dick, and we had him with Rod in the central pasture. Shockingly, sold him private treaty to a large ranch that wanted his EPD's. They only work on horseback and, even though he tried to take out more than one horse, kept him 6 more years until his BSE wasn't stellar.
Ok...I got it!!!! Phallus!! :)

Challenge accepted, I will get back to you. Between me and Ouchita I am sure we can get you a few more generations. 😂🤣
You'll have to count me out when it comes to bull names for TC.

If y'all want some cow names, I have a few in mind.

Every single one of the cattle and other livestock on the place had names when my kids were home. Now, just a few of the special ones get names. We go through spells naming the critters after characters in movies.
Last year it was Northern Exposure. This year it's Gunsmoke.
Maybe I can get on the bandwagon next year and go with character names from Debbie does Dallas, or….

Is anyone using the name "Holmes" yet?

It's been 20ish years and I don't remember the complete story, but had a neighbor that was a gynecologist.
He had a bull named Doctor Whiteglove. Best I recall, it was because the bull had to work at at cleaning it good before he started poking fun at it.

Well done! It's on the list after Shaft and Rocket.
Woody?

I worked with a guy that had SPRTNWD on the license plate for his Corvette, which when questioned by the DMV he said it was the name of his horse, "Spirit in the Wind"... but he told us at work it was "Sportin' Wood".

There was a holstein bull who's actual registered name was Brass Balls....

Most of ours are called by their eartag number.... but one big red poll bull we had was Bubba...super disposition, quiet, respectful, never saw him breed but everything was always preg that he got put with...
Not any "descriptive names like @TCRanch has... son's gf named one Roscoe, made him a pet and is a s.o.b..... won't stay in fences, does not respect your space... I am scared he will turn on you one day... he is slated to go because we can't keep him in...
I hate that. The bull I bought last year was in the show ring, and he didn't have any respect with your space. He has gotten better the few times I have been in the bull pasture to cut the strings off the bales, as I don't interact with him any. I let him be a bull, but I keep an eye out for him just in case. I have found that I am not very good at reading minds. I just wish my ex would have understood that, maybe I would still be married, no wait I'm better off without her.

Full Dose
Absolute
Half Cock
Funny Money
Crude & Protrude
Jaybird
Corn dog
Magnet Azz

Those are several I can remember from my childhood. Mostly neighbors cattle. Full Dose was granddad's