zMAX or Lucas

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Do you use oil additives?

Do you use zMAX or Lucas?

I went into this liking zMAX because I have a friend that swears by it.

After watching the video I am liking Lucas better.

Lucas is $10.97 for a 32 oz. bottle (organic oil) and $17.02 (synthetic oil)
zMax is $16.33 for a 12 oz. bottle

I use Lucas fuel treatment in the gallon jugs, Walmart brand outboard 2-cycle oil in the fuel also and if I don't have Lucas I use Power Service gray bottle.

71-Nnqk+YxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

a5de2c15-0b75-4590-a41b-29580ece0ce4_3.1ce69a37e2c5e59720a5b1cfaa26e3ee.jpeg

71E3ywm2TkL._AC_SL1125_.jpg

Last edited:
No oil additives. Howes or Lucas anti-gel only in the winter.

I think it's largely a waste of money aside from gelling concerns, and new engines that have the injection pumps that like to grenade.

I'd like Lucas a lot more if they put graduations on the side of the stupid bottle. They did it last year but apparently quit. I don't have a measuring cup with me all the time.

The fuel we get in the winter is supposed to be a winter blend but I know that is BS, our whole 1000 gallon tank gelled up last winter during that cold spell. We use a lot of fuel so it wasn't left over from the summer either.

Last edited:
Friend of mine loved to tell this story about his dad. His dad sold lubricants, rust penetrants, etc...

He would drop a bit of the leading popular lube on the floor and ask the customer to rub his foot/shoe in it.
THEN he would do the same with his newest whiz bang super lube and ask the same of his customer.
Then he'd look em square in the eye and say, "now don't your nutz feel slippery-er...."

🤣 snake oil salesman!

Latest posts