Zip bandits castration

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky cowboy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used them. I got one from a convention several years ago they were passing out freebies. I reluctantly used it today, had 6 or 7 bulls that didn't get banded earlier so I used the zip tie thing and cut the rest. And now I'm nervous, I wish I would have just cut that bull too.

I wish I would have just cut him instead, but I never actually cut any my self dad usually does that and I do everything else but hes sick with the rona so me and my son did it all. By the end of the day I feel confident enough to cut bulls from now on.

Yep me and a buddy have been using them the past three years. They work great!
Are they any better or the same as bands? We cut for decades, but 3 years ago after loosing some good sized steers switched to banding using the tri-bander, so far no issues and I like it. Never heard of the zip bandit system.

Are they any better or the same as bands? We cut for decades, but 3 years ago after loosing some good sized steers switched to banding using the tri-bander, so far no issues and I like it. Never heard of the zip bandit system.
Nothing is as good a cutting. With that said, it is more convenient for some of us to band.
To answer your question, the cheerio bands are easier to use on young bulls. Zip-Bandits work well on larger calves that you can't get a cheerio band around. The weakness of the Zip-Bandit is that you have to get it tight so that the end touches the rubber. Otherwise, they won't work. I always keep some around.

I was reading into these the other day. My buddy asked why a zip tie wouldn't work. And I found the zip bandits.

We just ordered and received a California bander. Goi g to use it on the 10th, moon signs are right. Have some 7/8 weights to band. I am afraid of cutting them myself. Neighbor lost 2 last year to cutting. He cuts a couple hundred a year. But it made him start banding some of them. Think they were larger bulls that didn't make it.

I'm going to order some zip bandits and try them out.

Like them better than the California type bander?

When i found out about the zip bandits it seems they weren't available for quite some time. I thought about trying them when they became available but I realized i have one of those cheerio banders, a tri-bander, and a callicrate pro bander, so i figured I probably ought to be covered and dont need another banding method. Lol.

When i found out about the zip bandits it seems they weren't available for quite some time. I thought about trying them when they became available but I realized i have one of those cheerio banders, a tri-bander, and a callicrate pro bander, so i figured I probably ought to be covered and dont need another banding method. Lol.
They were in a legal battle over some sort of trademark or patent issue. I had corresponded with the owner. They should be available now.

I have a pocket knife so I figure that I am covered.

The zip bandits have a piece of rubber that stretches and keeps constant pressure on the sack until it falls off. They're slick. We've been putting them on at around 5-7 months of age.

Latest posts