Zimmerman jury seated

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Jurors were all picked today. 6 women. 5 of which are white. Even with the alternate jurors there's isn't a black juror on the panel. This is going to be really interesting when he's acquitted.

I didn't get the card in the mail. Must have been because of when I bought the potus his NRA membership. I made a list somewhere

Gonna be ugly either way. Saw a "Citizens on Patrol" car last p.m. It made me think about this.

backhoeboogie":31p1hm4o said:
Gonna be ugly either way. Saw a "Citizens on Patrol" car last p.m. It made me think about this.
Now they have more reason to get all ugly. A huge portion of the black community in sanford is looking for any excuse to riot. An it's all the white mans fault. Except zman is 1/2 Hispanic.

hooknline":1tdwmkmr said:
Jurors were all picked today. 6 women. 5 of which are white. Even with the alternate jurors there's isn't a black juror on the panel. This is going to be really interesting when he's acquitted.

I hope you are right but I have my doubts. Zimmerman would make the perfect scapegoat for the liberal agenda and if you look at how Florida voted in the last election I have my concerns if it would even be possible to select an unbiased sane jury. Also, the pertinent information regarding what a thug he was will be inadmissible and he will be portrayed as a young boy delivering cookies to a disabled person when he was killed by a racist madman.

I assume ya'll did finally get the ballots counted didn't you or are they still counting? :lol2:

All female jury, not to be male chauvinist, but He better get his business in order

This will be interesting to see. I'll reserve my opinion on the whole situation for later.

Jo, Seminole county is 97% white, affluent, and majority republican. Except the town o Sanford itself which is mainly minority, destitute, and has high crime rates. The jury pool came from the entire county. 4 of the main 6 jurors are handgun owners.

It will be interesting as the media is still portraying Martin as a cub scout not a gansta wantabee.
I bet Zimmerman keep's asking himself why he didn't stay in the car.

cross_7":bqmw26pb said:
All female jury, not to be male chauvinist, but He better get his business in order

I agree. A female jury with two of them both having the same hobby - animal rescue. One of these recently moved to Florida from Chicago - she might even vote twice on the jury. The female judge is just icing on the cake. Then you have the 911 dispatcher telling him to stand down. I don't think its going to be pretty for Zimmerman. I think it would be a totally different had he shot someone coming into or onto his property but to go out and look for a trouble will be easier to sell this as an act of offense rather than a case of self defense.

Not sure if the all female jury will hurt Zimmerman... a lot will depend on how the attorney's paint the picture of Travon. I'm sure that a large part of their strategy will be to target the "Mom" bond and that will be bad for Zimmerman!

I may not know all there is to know, but I have never heard anything yet that sounded like Zimmerman did anything but what he had too do. Just think if Martin had been white and Zimmerman black :eek:

Jogeephus":209p263e said:
cross_7":209p263e said:

I agree. A female jury with two of them both having the same hobby - animal rescue. One of these recently moved to Florida from Chicago - she might even vote twice on the jury. The female judge is just icing on the cake. Then you have the 911 dispatcher telling him to stand down. I don't think its going to be pretty for Zimmerman. I think it would be a totally different had he shot someone coming into or onto his property but to go out and look for a trouble will be easier to sell this as an act of offense rather than a case of self defense.

Playing security guard is what is going to hang Zimmerman IMO.
They are going to paint him as a cop wantabee looking for someone to shoot.
When he went on armed patrol is where the prosecution is going to make the sale stand your ground doesn't apply

Caustic Burno":1xvvgp9a said:
Jogeephus":1xvvgp9a said:
cross_7":1xvvgp9a said:

When he went on armed patrol is where the prosecution is going to make the sale stand your ground doesn't apply

Yup, I'm with you CB, prosecution is going to say this wannabe, got out of his car and stalked and hunted the poor young man down and killed him for walking down a sidewalk.

That's the way I see it too. I sure hope I'm wrong because I think Zimmerman has suffered enough.

Caustic Burno":5cw7evl5 said:
Jogeephus":5cw7evl5 said:
cross_7":5cw7evl5 said:

I don't have a dog in the fight and glad of it. As I've mentioned on here before, my Daughter is a police officer. While they do respect and appreciate the neighbor watch groups, the wannabes most often cause more harm than good. As portrayed by the media so far, this guy does seem to fall into that rank. Makes no matter what the other guy's profile was at this point. I agree, bet he wishes he had stayed in the car or at home watching NCIS or Cops.

fitz

denvermartinfarms"I may not know all there is to know, but I have never heard anything yet that sounded like Zimmerman did anything but what he had too do. Just think if Martin had been white and Zimmerman black :eek:"

No had it been that way the trial would have been over last year.
As far as I know of Travon Martin was simply walking home when a strange man approached him, all because he had on a hoody, and we know the rest. Also there was a fight once Zimmerman got out his car and confronted the teenager. I still don't see were Travon Martin did anything wrong.
Did you hear the 911 call?
Also the teenager had candy and a soda in his hand not only that he was on the phone with his girlfriend as he walked home. Again I ask what did the kid do wrong?
I feel Zimmerman should have a fair trail but I also believe he's in the wrong and should be punish.

Jogeephus":1vyj3omm said:
hooknline":1vyj3omm said:

I hope you are right but I have my doubts. Zimmerman would make the perfect scapegoat for the liberal agenda and if you look at how Florida voted in the last election I have my concerns if it would even be possible to select an unbiased sane jury. Also, the pertinent information regarding what a thug he was will be inadmissible and he will be portrayed as a young boy delivering cookies to a disabled person when he was killed by a racist madman.

I assume ya'll did finally get the ballots counted didn't you or are they still counting? :lol2:

This is going to strain race relations all over the country. We're just getting into the long hot summer and I'm glad I don't live in a city.
I'm reminded of OJ's trial. And OJ wasn't Barrack Obama's son.

I would hate to be on that jury, God bless those people who have taken on the responsibility for deciding the case. No matter which way they go, there will be somebody who hates them, second guesses them, questions their integrity and motives, blames them if there is "social unrest", etc. It is going to be a stressful experience no doubt.

Once Zimmerman was on the ground getting pummeled by Martin, yes, you could say it was self preservation/self defense to use his gun - during that split second of time. HOWEVER, because of what happened beforehand which actually got them to that position, Zimmerman is responsible for creating the situation in the first place. He made some stupid decisions along the way that night. So, is it criminal to be well intentioned but stupid and it leads to a beating and a killing?? Again, glad I don't have to be the one to decide his fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts