your thoughts on Angus pics

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgurl1184

Reaction score
Three of my angus heifers. First is heifer from Marands Angus out of Saugahatchee, second heifer out of midland I bred (yes has been on feed unlike other two), and last a 1407 heifer I bred. Thanks for your opinions.
20060812_0002.JPG

20060812_0001.JPG

20060812_0004.JPG

I like the Midland best. How old are they? We should be having a few Midlands born here in the spring.

The midland heifer is a April 05 and is due in january to Lead On. she is out of a Pfeiffer cow, 1 is full sister to marands royal lady who won Jr. Nationals, and 3 is out of a Ratcliff cow. They are all close in age by the way.

I really like the first two, the first one has the typical Saugahatchee front end, but she is long. The Midland is pretty darn good. The 1407 is a pretty typical 1407 from what I've seen around. Overall some heifers to be proud of. :)

Frankie said:
I like the Midland best. How old are they? We should be having a few Midlands born here in the spring.[/quote

I agree, I like the midland the best, I like a triangular shape to my females. The other two are very nice also.

to me the first two are much better than the 1407 heifer. She just doesn't have "the look" to make a good cow. Can't pinpoint what I don't like about her there's just something there. The Midland heifer is by far the best even if she has been on feed.

I like the first and third calf. That second calf looks to be a little to fat for me. Other than that, great looking heifers over all. Should make some really good brood cows. Take care. :cboy:

#1 - Typical Saugahatchee - but bordering on funnel-butt-ism.

#2 - Great hindquarters and loin ( I know she has been on feed!). Could be improved with a greater spring of rib.

#3 - Good, standard, everyday 1407 daughter. A cross with Midland should produce some eye-poppers.

All three heifers probably would be qualified to be donor's in a cross breeding program with a Red Angus or Limousin or Gelbvieh or Simmental bull! Makes ALL of your sphincters constrict and expand just to think of the possibilities! Whooosh!

DOC HARRIS

Like #3 best - good length, structure, and straight top line.
Like #2 second - for same reasons Doc said
#3 looks a little sway back

Latest posts