Young bull

Help Support CattleToday:

TMRwife":20gmuvn3 said:
We just purchased a 14 month old bull and put him out with 6 heifers - how long might it be before he gets acclimated?

If you count 7 in the morning it's all good! :lol: What exactly do you mean by " acclimated? "

He'll breed them as soon as they are in heat, heck with getting "acclimated" when there are heifers around. did he pass a breeding soundness exam before you bought the bull? My bull was about a 14 month virgin when I bought him. He came from a similar grass-based environment at the breeders place. I opened the trailer door and he promptly went up the hill and mounted the wrong end of a cow in heat. He got it figured out though...Jim

SRBeef":3tw8jp03 said:
He'll breed them as soon as they are in heat, heck with getting "acclimated" when there are heifers around. did he pass a breeding soundness exam before you bought the bull? My bull was about a 14 month virgin when I bought him. He came from a similar grass-based environment at the breeders place. I opened the trailer door and he promptly went up the hill and mounted the wrong end of a cow in heat. He got it figured out though...Jim

Agh that was just some foreplay............Arkansas bull?? :)

Latest posts