You Might Be A Steer Jock If...

Help Support CattleToday:

txshowmom

Reaction score
You Might Be A Steer Jock If...

You have your vets number memorized or on speed dial.
Your mailbox is full of livestock magazines and premium books instead of junk mail.
Your cattle cooler is cleaner and smells better than your house.
You have better looking chairs in your barn than in your house.
Your calves get haircuts more often than you do...and they cost more.
Your hallway has pictures of your old show calves, not your kids.
You keep a can of hocus pocus in the bathroom to get that black off your hands before work the next day, or in the laundry room to ATTEMPT to clean those stained knees on your jeans
You shine your shoes up by spraying final bloom on them.
You open conversations up with 'So, how's the calves looking'...
You don't know the name of your local congressman, but you can tell us who judged the state fair for the last five to ten years.
You've ever used banamine to cure a hangover... or whatever ails you.
You ask your nephew, who wrestles on the high school team, if he can get you access to those old wrestling mats in the school gym to cut up and use at shows.
If every other entry in your check register is made to your feed store, the vet or show entries.
If you have more grooming products for your livestock than you do hair products for yourself.
If you spend homecoming, prom night and weekend nights at a show, or in the barn nursing a sick animal, instead of on a date or out with your friends.
If you miss so much class due to shows that your teachers are beginning to wonder if you really are a student or not.
If your honeymoon trip includes 3-4 stops a day by the known top cattle breeders along the way.
If you plan your wedding around major show seasons.
If you correctly know the birthdates of the hundred calves born on your place this season off the top of your head but forget your wife's, husband's or kid's birthdates.
If you get excited about next years calf crop before the current years babies hit the ground.
If while driving down the road to another show, you notice the next great steer standing in a field full of commercial cows and you stop meet the owner, and drive on to the show with the steer.
If your truck and stock trailer cost more than your house.
If your truck and stock trailer are your house.
If you will only date a guy or girl who can "stick" a calf (in the Champion drive of course) "almost" as well as you.
You know the location of every fairgrounds in a 5 state area
If your cattle spend more time in your trailer than in your barn
When you go to last show in the fall and turn you cattle out for the winter,they refuse to go out of the barn.
You don't need to lead your cattle to the trailer, just back up to the barn and open the door,they jump right in.
Your vet tells you that you qualify for the volume discount on health papers.
Your vet calls you for answers about intrastate shipment of cattle. He figures you know more about that then he does

i can relate to mor ethen half of those. but just so you all know hocus pocus works really good to get stains out of jeans. and if you have a oily part spray some on it and it comes right off

You keep a can of hocus pocus in the bathroom to get that black off your hands before work the next day

More than once I have had a friend come over, go into my bathroom, come out holding hocus pocus with a confused look on their face. :lol:
Even after I try to explain to them WHY it's there, they still dont get it.

I can definatly relate to many of those.

I can relate to most of them.
Or when you will only date guys who show because no-one esle gets why you spend date night in the barn clipping calves Vs going out to eat and catching a movie. Norman people just don't get it.

These are a few I come up with for the show team.
* You may be an member if you can't see out your window for Parking passes.
*If you like sitting in parking lots for HOURS on-in.
*If the best part of the show is going mudding in the Ag truck.
*If for everymeal you eat is WhatABurger. :roll:
*If you like getting up @ 2:00am to beat everyone esle. ;-)
*If you love standing in the frozen rain working on Trail lights, :help: that also go for checking reg papers @ Ft worth at the heifer show. :lol:
*If you race other ag trucks. 8)
If some of your best memorys are being @ shows.
*If you show Maines but stall with a friend who shows Brahmans and your learn all the brands of all the Brahman breeders.
That's a few for right now.

I can relate to most of them.
Or when you will only date guys who show because no-one esle gets why you spend date night in the barn clipping calves Vs going out to eat and catching a movie. Norman people just don't get it. :D :D :D

These are a few I come up with for the show team.
* You may be an member if you can't see out your window for Parking passes.
*If you like sitting in parking lots for HOURS on-in.
*If the best part of the show is going mudding in the Ag truck.
*If for everymeal you eat is WhatABurger. :roll:
*If you like getting up @ 2:00am to beat everyone esle. ;-)
*If you love standing in the frozen rain working on Trailer lights, :help: that also go for checking reg papers @ Ft worth at the heifer show. :lol:
*If you race other ag trucks. 8)
If some of your best memorys are being @ shows.
*If you show Maines but stall with a friend who shows Brahmans and your learn all the brands of all the Brahman breeders.
That's a few for right now.

Latest posts