you ever notice

Help Support CattleToday:

RN BSN":3nup128c said:
ALACOWMAN":3nup128c said:
this site now has over 9k members,,, but pretty much the same ol hand full of posters :cowboy:

You mean a hand full of people don't have a life ?
What are you talking about? I have a life right here on CT. Let's see...I have my sister HD, my brothers Jed, Hook, and AC, our dad TexasBred, and who could forget grandpa 3Way, and great grand daddy Dun. :mrgreen:

ALACOWMAN":1dbiv6c1 said:
this site now has over 9k members,,, but pretty much the same ol hand full of posters :cowboy:

In just observing for a couple of days now, it is strange that with 9000 members only a few post. Why is that? My guess is that they might be just using the sight for social networking (PMing). It is to use, easy to get into. Another observation is that of those that logon, about 15-20% hide. What on earth are they hiding or hiding from Alacowman? :cboy:

ALACOWMAN":148era2h said:

:nod: :nod:

New or long-time, always an interesting cast of characters. :lol:

Many of the 'old'/former posters I miss, a few not so much. Always nice when one of them 'chimes in' like Ollie, or returns like Gale Seddon.

I love this place.....kinda reminds me of "Cheers".

Katherine

James T":qtku7e4x said:
ALACOWMAN":qtku7e4x said:

In just observing for a couple of days now, it is strange that with 9000 members only a few post. Why is that? My guess is that they might be just using the sight for social networking (PMing). It is to use, easy to get into. Another observation is that of those that logon, about 15-20% hide. What on earth are they hiding or hiding from Alacowman? :cboy:

Well lookie here we have a brand new poop stirrer. Any chance you only joined because you have your own little hidden agenda. I would bet some money that you have been lurking a lot longer than a couple of days. :nod:

Thanks, Katherine!

Can you all imagine if all 9000 people posted on this board everyday? I can barely keep up with reading it some days.

Gelbvieh 5":1zw7n9pf said:
Well lookie here we have a brand new poop stirrer. Any chance you only joined because you have your own little hidden agenda. I would bet some money that you have been lurking a lot longer than a couple of days. :nod:

I think people don't post because of how we treat each other. It takes alot of "uncommon" knowledge to run cows for a living and when new-comers here voice opinions or seek advice they get treated like $hit... That's wrong.
I'm not much on PC but I do see a definative lack of respect on this site as aposed to two other forums that I've been involved with in the last few years that are also business related. A few jabs between people who post alot is to be expected and adds personality but when someone seeks advice there is no place for ridicule or dismissal of that person as ignorant.

cow pollinater":z7j389k8 said:
Gelbvieh 5":z7j389k8 said:

I think people don't post because of how we treat each other. It takes alot of "uncommon" knowledge to run cows for a living and when new-comers here voice opinions or seek advice they get treated like $hit... That's wrong.
I'm not much on PC but I do see a definative lack of respect on this site as aposed to two other forums that I've been involved with in the last few years that are also business related. A few jabs between people who post alot is to be expected and adds personality but when someone seeks advice there is no place for ridicule or dismissal of that person as ignorant.

Well Cow polinater if you think it's bad now you should have been here back in 2006 and 2007.
You would probably have a heart attack. :) You just ask some of the old timers on here.I don't think hardly a day passed that at least one thread was locked. :lol:

Cal

Gelbvieh 5":1quy5atp said:
James T":1quy5atp said:
ALACOWMAN":1quy5atp said:

No shyt here Gelbvieh. Just an observation and guesswork. What is your explanation for why more people don't post? Suppose cow pollinator might be on to something?

my old Sarge used to say " if you don't have anything to say - don't say it. I do enjoy the repartee between some folks. it amazes me that some take such offense to different opinions, but like i stated I do enjoy when the pot get stirred up.

well its a great place to lurk and learn,,,, ive have learned some stuff on here you cant get from any book or training seminars.. id put up with a little bs from people i cant see. i sleep just as well anyway

cow pollinater":ufzypa4t said:
Gelbvieh 5":ufzypa4t said:

I can't disagree more strongly. I have been here for about a year and I have found everyone to be very helpful and kind.

Latest posts