You can tell I am new

Help Support CattleToday:

brierpatch1974

Reaction score
Went up to the state fair here in WV and was checking out all the beef breeds. Saw my first ever Texas longhorn. Was huge !! and I Want one or two lol .. Don't know how well the would winter here and probably wouldnt sell to good either :( But I was impressed.
The shorthorns looked pretty good but the 5 angus that I saw there Where pretty bad <not all of them had arrived when I went through. Also the charloias looks on the small side. Limos looked good though. Good variety to look at and had fun while doing it. Also so my first highlanders. The look like big fluffy pets.

BP

ooo man u just used a word not liekd in here "pets" i am glad i got to this before someone ripepd into to you and told you there not pets and should never be treated like that

glover36":2lgnnrdx said:
ooo man u just used a word not liekd in here "pets" i am glad i got to this before someone ripepd into to you and told you there not pets and should never be treated like that

He is right though.....Highlanders (esp when primped for a show) DO look like "big fluffy pets" ......kinda like Persian kittys with horns!

Brandonm2":23663ysz said:
glover36":23663ysz said:

He is right though.....Highlanders (esp when primped for a show) DO look like "big fluffy pets" ......kinda like Persian kittys with horns!
Now that would be a site to see, a kitty with horns! :nod: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

glover36":2xnjl70k said:

"Ripped into him/her"? Why bother? I have come to the conclusion that, if one does not have the necessary common sense to realize that a 1000+ pound animal should be treated with respect and not like a dog or cat, then I can explain it til I'm blue in the face and it will not do a bit of good so why waste my time and breath? I can only hope that the individuals insurance will prove to be adequate when the time comes and they learn the error of their beliefs. I hope you had a wonderful day, glover!

lol I know they are not pets but these where not full grown either. Probably only went 300 lbs or so. And they had them all prettied up for the best dressed cow show. <craziest thing I ever saw.> I don't consider anything my burmeese python can't eat a pet :).

BP

msscamp":puejhrmf said:
"Ripped into him/her"? Why bother? I have come to the conclusion that, if one does not have the necessary common sense to realize that a 1000+ pound animal should be treated with respect and not like a dog or cat, then I can explain it til I'm blue in the face and it will not do a bit of good so why waste my time and breath? I can only hope that the individuals insurance will prove to be adequate when the time comes and they learn the error of their beliefs.
:nod: :nod:

Hill Creek Farm":3qgtc1gu said:
Brandonm2":3qgtc1gu said:
glover36":3qgtc1gu said:

Now that would be a site to see, a kitty with horns! :nod: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

A kitty with horns - picture it HCF....."HCF, founder of the Virginia Horny Cat Association". You oughta start buying up all the seedstock you can and get a real hold on the market before someone else does. Be careful drawing semen though, dangerous task. Saw it done on last week's episode of 'Dirty Jobs'.

Latest posts