Yesterday’s Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Volume was very high.
I hauled a nut case brangus heifer and decided to stay for the sale. She was a heavy 4 brought 1.20.
The main takeaway was the people getting out. I heard several saying they were hauling everything they had.

yesterday sent 4 steers to Thursday sale, curious what they will do. hate to have them stand around all week but that is the way it had to be with the help I had. branded 34 big sloppy calves we missed a couple months ago. hope the prices are up in a few months after they peel.

neighbor hauled his calves a couple weeks ago, got $1.89 (1.35 USD) average over heifers and steer, probably averaging 5wts.. he regrets not having sold earlier

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Well maybe the herd needs to be thinned of producers and product.

Age is already thinning us.
Where the herd really needs thinning is in the monopoly packers. With 80% being owned by the same group this is price setting. On top of that they are foreign owned.
If we were getting a fair shake, those that don't survive so be it.
We should be getting around 2.25 on 4 wts at today's inputs.

Caustic Burno" The main takeaway was the people getting out. I heard several saying they were hauling everything they had. [/quote said:
I read that you know it is the bottom of the cattle price cycle when everyone who wants a cow already has one. :cowboy: Are we there yet, or were bred cows going back to the country?

Yesterday I only got 2 heifers. Char crosses weighing 415 and 430. Paid $1.33 and $1.37. Number 1 black heifers in that 400 pound range sold for $1.50 to $1.60. My budget won't go that high. A long day for only 2 heifers. There was over 2,000 head but mostly 5, 6, and 7 weight cattle.

Stocker Steve said:
Nesikep said:
neighbor hauled his calves a couple weeks ago, got $1.89 (1.35 USD) average over heifers and steer, probably averaging 5wts.. he regrets not having sold earlier

Was his cost of gain really high?

Not really, but he averaged over $.10 less than mine that were sold a month earlier.. I didn't see the calves closely before he sold but they were all black angus and they aren't starved at his place either

Latest posts