Yeehaw!

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, I got the check from selling my 2 steers and 2 heifers.. here's what it came out to

2 steers, avg weight 710, $270/lb = $3834
1 hfr, 750 lbs, $2.375/lb = $1781.25
1 hfr, 490 lbs, $3.025/lb = $1482.25

total weight = 2660 lbs
total = $7097.50

not too shabby if you ask me!

yeah, but you have a 20% stronger dollar too!.. so the $2.70 is actually closer to $2.15 USD, and that's probably less than what you get.

Looking at the sale barn flyer for that day, it seems like a lot of animals were going for $.15-.20 /lb more too... butcher bulls were $1.40-1.70 /lb

Good for you. Glad someone is making some money.

I am currently bleeding money from every pore.

cowboy70":jfcsr0lt said:
3waycross":jfcsr0lt said:
Good for you. Glad someone is making some money.

I am currently bleeding money from every pore.
Poor poor you !!

I am sorry for losing my temper and saying that to you. After I posted that response I realized that I was wrong to reply in that manner. Your opinion is as important as mine or anyone else's. So if I am going to come on Nesi's thread and whine about the year I am having I should expect to get some remarks like yours. Anyone who has been here for more than a week knows that I can certainly be pretty caustic myself, so I need to be thicker skinned. :roll:

I will admit it caught me off guard since I don't know you and couldn't think of a reason why you would nail me like that. So I went back and read all of your posts and still can't figure it out. Well that's OK. If that's the way you feel, that's the way you feel. What I should have done after reading all of your posts was to congratulate you on correctly spelling three words in a row and let it go at that. :cowboy:

Sorry for the hijack Nesi! :tiphat:

Well I thought the post stunk myself. There's no need to be politically correct, the person is a jerk.
Nesikep, your buying lunch.

And to think 10 years ago you could have sold 14 of your best bred cows and prayed to receive that same amount of money. Enjoy every dollar Nesi!

Better stash some away for when those times come back.. it may not hit AS hard anymore, but I can't see this crazy upward trend continuing without a downturn forever.

8 years ago we got $.84/lb for 5wt heifers, and they looked good.. so that would mean you'd need at least 16 of them to get that..

a LOT of people went out of cattle here during those times.. some neighbors had some UGLY cows, probably 80 of them, and then sold just at the low point.. I bet they're kicking themselves now.. but it was a case of a farm run by many siblings, few of which were actually on the farm working it, but I'm sure they wanted money and forced the sale.

Latest posts