Y'all know everything

Help Support CattleToday:

Raising and butchering meat chickens is a serious pain in the rear. Pigs and cows not so much. Chickens just ain't worth the time and effort needed for the meat. Eggs layers are a different story. Barely

Hook":1qn7ze3s said:
Raising and butchering meat chickens is a serious pain in the rear. Pigs and cows not so much. Chickens just ain't worth the time and effort needed for the meat. Eggs layers are a different story. Barely
Having a wife and kids that are interested sure helps. I would never consider it without their help.

Ouachita":1gmpy9p1 said:
Hook":1gmpy9p1 said:
Having a wife and kids that are interested sure helps. I would never consider it without their help.
Chickens are my wife's deal. I don't care for them but love the fresh eggs. Even if I only eat them about once a month

cowboy43":3ju3mz55 said:
How much does a chicken plucker in china make? compared to what a chicken plucker makes in the usa?

Around here a chicken processing plant pays about 10.00 hr plus bennies. I think roughly $2,400 per month. In China a chicken processing worker will make roughly $80.00 to $150.00 per month depending upon the location of the facility. The further west the lower the labor cost. I spent about 100 to 150 days per year in China for about 6 years. I have been to 360+ Chinese cities and visited over 1,000 factories. The things I have seen in Chinese factories would curl your hair.

cowboy43":3nawj432 said:
Does china have a 40 hr work week with benefits and do they pay overtime ?
China has labor laws..............but...............they are mostly ignored. It is a very corrupt government. Officials are constantly paid off. Many factories work 72 hrs per week, many work 50. Some places pay OT, some provide 3 meals, housing and medical care and some don't. In the bigger cities like Shanghai there is more competition for workers so they are treated better in order to attract them. In the more rural areas they are more like slave laborers. I focused a huge amount of time vetting companies on their hiring and employee retention before awarding any business to them. The government run businesses were the worst offenders (no surprise there) so I refused to do any business with any government owned or partially owned factories.

3waycross":38wmr05t said:
Actually most of them are raised in SE Asia. Not China. They are for the most part raised pretty well. I know the catfish(pangaissius) are raised over nets so that they don't suck mudd and get an off flavor. Not sure about Tilapia they seem to taste like shyt no matter how you raise them.

There's a reason some refer to them as "turd rustlers".

Latest posts