Y'all know everything

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
I've been told that chicken companys are gonna kill and clean chickens here,then ship the carcasses to China ,where they will be cut up,then shipped back. :shock: This seems insane to me,and I really don't think the person who told me this is wired up right.. But,have you guys heard anything about this?

I had read that headline a while ago. It will be "processed" over there, so whatever that means. Nothing surprises me anymore. The Chinese are buying businesses. I believe they own Smithfield, so who knows what pork will be. I have noticed lately the pork I have bought is tough. The last Chicken breast I bought was tough, just cutting it raw I could feel it. I don't know why, maybe someone here can tell me since I don't know how they are raised in masses. Could be weather related?

From what I am reading obama administration has approved this ,and it does not have to be inspected when it comes back, the labor is so cheap over there it makes it profitable. can you imagine the conditions it will be processed in,

Food-safety advocates are raising alarms over a decision by the Obama administration to permit chicken processed in China to be sold in the U.S. even after several high-profile incidents of food contamination.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture, in addressing a decade-long trade dispute over farm imports, said it will allow poultry slaughtered in the U.S. and Canada to be processed in China and returned to the U.S. for consumption. Critics are vowing to fight the decision, which they say puts consumers at risk due to lax Chinese factory oversight.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-2 ... tests.html

manufacturedlandscapes.jpg

China bought out one of the largest hog producers in North America last year.

Before you know it we will all be unemployed and if you are working, it will be for a Chinese owned company.

China thinks generationally - we tend to think on four year election cycles

Best to all

Bez

Chicken is not the only thing. Consider the antibiotics we use. The last US antibiotic manufacturer closed its doors (in Nebraska I think) several years ago citing excessive regulation so now all of our antibiotics or their components are produced either in China or India by some of the same companies that used to be here. India has partially agreed to allow FDA inspectors in their plants but one of the large companies in India said they would cancel their expansion plans if this happened and would move to China because when the FDA gets involved the cost of manufacturing will increase by 25%. All this happened about 9 years ago but we have not had any major problems since the change so is it really a safety issue or an excessive regulation issue? Just look at what they are doing to that Rancho meat processor fella. USDA inspector on site, vet on site and they still make them recall all that meat potentially putting small producers out of business due to reasons they cannot explain.

Myself, I'm not so worried about the Chinese or the Indians making things subpar as much as I see all this being a tremendous threat to our national security of our nation. Just think how vulnerable this makes us if we get into a spat with China. People will die because we will not have the means to manufacture our own medicine. I also seriously doubt China is going to allow USFDA inspectors free reign of their plants. I know I wouldn't.

Seems no one wants anything in "their backyard" and the government preys on this by taking our freedoms away and inserting their noses. Have a friend who just built a factory that will employee hundreds of people. Its all run by electricity but because one of his electric machines held more than a certain number of gallons of lubrication oil he had to build an $80,000 containment tank around it and he said they were just so lovely to work with. There is a point of diminishing returns and unfortunately DotGov just doesn't get it so we are losing industries such as this. Might just be me but the threat I see is not coming from overseas.

I am more worried about China deciding to take the world over. They could kill a bunch of us off in a hurry with some bad poison in our antibotics or foods we get from them. Our government does some dumb stuff, sometimes I wonder if their working for the enemy.

China has 6 fighting age men to our 1, owns most of our debt, produces most of the products we use, and now furnishes most of our food products. They don't intend to win us over in a military war. They're already are kicking our tails financially. Just wait until they call their debt

And the indians own all the convenience stores, which sells most of the gas in this country. We're in a heck of a mess, you better live life to the fullest. Who are they going to kill first the rich or the poor?? Do they need slaves or money??

Ouachita":3n35hoke said:
I can't believe the Pres would allow his chicken to be compromised. What next; watermelon?
Forgive my sick humor.
What about the RC Cola?? Wonder where it will be made??

TexasBred":bk9r1kk8 said:
Ouachita":bk9r1kk8 said:
I can't believe the Pres would allow his chicken to be compromised. What next; watermelon?
Forgive my sick humor.
What about the RC Cola?? Wonder where it will be made??
And Moon Pies. What do you think about their space program?

With no kind of inspections or labeling what would keep them from eating our good chickens and sending their inferior chickens over here. Most of the catfish and talipia fish are raised in bad conditions in chinia and send over here.

Is there any such thing as a good chicken? I like chicken eggs but after tonight I'm thinking of giving up everything chicken

cowboy43":32wwu33h said:
With no kind of inspections or labeling what would keep them from eating our good chickens and sending their inferior chickens over here. Most of the catfish and talipia fish are raised in bad conditions in chinia and send over here.

Actually most of them are raised in SE Asia. Not China. They are for the most part raised pretty well. I know the catfish(pangaissius) are raised over nets so that they don't suck mudd and get an off flavor. Not sure about Tilapia they seem to taste like shyt no matter how you raise them.

"One of the issues with tilapia farmed in China is that smaller, independent farmers face economic pressures to use animal manure rather than more expensive commercial feed for farmed fish, a practice which contaminates water and makes the fish more susceptible to spreading foodborne diseases. A July 2009 report from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on the safety of food imports from China noted that in that country "Fish are often raised in ponds where they feed on waste from poultry and livestock" and cited an increased rate of FDA rejection of fish imports from China between 2000 and 2008".

Every watch CCTV? The reports issue a smog warning every day for large parts of China. One official reports stated Bejiing as unliveable. Read where the American chicken processed there will be label as "Product of USA". Maybe it's time to raise our own?

Latest posts