WW Stampeed Squeeze

Help Support CattleToday:

I know nothing more than what I have learned from the videos on their website but my opinion of WW MFG overall is very positive Iso. Their stuff seems to be built very solid with quality materials and should last a long time.

I plan to use their adjustable alley when I build new handling facilities this Spring.

At the AI school I attended there was a hydraulic stampede, and a hydraulic ?(other). I remember looking at the stampede because I liked the kick bar mechanism. I don't see myself needing a chute like either with my small herd, but the kick bar cleats were nice.
I din't know if it is adjustable in some way, but what I noticed about the chutes was that the other chute squeezed at an angle like my Priefert, narrower at the bottom and wider at the top. The Stampede squeezed at a 90 degree angle from the floor or straight up and down. It was dooable but I'm right at 24" shoulder to shoulder which made access a sideways job and difficult to get square with the cow.
Neck access was great and either of them could have held wild elephants if you could have fit them in there. It was well built and a hoss. Had a brisket bar also to keep them from going down in the chute.
On big fat 1500 pound cows it was not that noticeable, but much smaller I would see if there is a way to slant the sides. As I recall even the young 110 pound girl that took the school was not able to get completely square with her work.
The guy working the chute said that was just the way it works but it seems like it ought to be adjustable unless the brisket bar dictates having to squeeze straight up and down.

I ran a couple steers threw one that my local sale rep had when I had them at his house to have their hooves trimmed. Built like I tank I thought, and ran real smooth, but that's the only time I've used one.

Between my boss and I we have owned three Stampede chutes, all bought before WW purchased
Stampede. They are heavy and and have held up well. One is used strickly for my bosses bulls
(herd bulls + about 70 two year old bulls sold yearly). We haven't had to do any repairs.

I priced another one about a week ago and they quoted $9,000 + frt. Seems awful high as I don't
remember paying near that much a few years ago.

Lane

Lane":2s0fvf28 said:
Between my boss and I we have owned three Stampede chutes, all bought before WW purchased
Stampede. They are heavy and and have held up well. One is used strickly for my bosses bulls
(herd bulls + about 70 two year old bulls sold yearly). We haven't had to do any repairs.

I priced another one about a week ago and they quoted $9,000 + frt. Seems awful high as I don't
remember paying near that much a few years ago.

Lane
:shock: 4800 here?.......
I mean um..I can sell you one for 8000.00 delivered. :D

Kind of what I thought. When I called WW, they wanted us to go thru a dealer. We only have a
couple in the state and they are new. Guess they don't need the business. Heck, the freight
quote was $1150 to ship from Ok. Boss decided to pass. If it was for me I would talk more. I
think I convenced him to move one of the other chutes as needed when he tests bulls.

In my own operation, I went hydraulic with a Silencer a couple of years ago.

Lane

I have the 2K Self Catch model and was bought pre WW. Have issues with it sqeezing because the ratcheting isn't smooth. Hangs up. I broke the welds on the pipe that is used to sqeeze them. Called WW and they wouldn't do anything about it. It was bought less than 6 months before WW bought out Stampede Steel... Other than that issue, I love it... I can work a week old calf and my 2250# herd bull in it. It only takes a few seconds to adjust...

We have one on a leased place(came with facilities I dont own it).Not the chute I would pick but good enough to get along.

Latest posts