WTH

Help Support CattleToday:

76 Bar

Reaction score
I suspect these "hunters" are either involved in illegal activities that they feared would be discovered or they are involved in one of the anti-government groups. They have been arrested. More is sure to come.

The real strange part about these "hunters" is that it is not firearm hunting season in Washington. Archery season is open now but not rifle season. I have no idea who these idiots were but they aren't hunters. That fire isn't anywhere near roads or civilization. I just came over White Pass on Sunday. The fire is south of the summit. West of the summit there are no roads going south, it runs back into wilderness. The Cascade Crest trail is very clearly marked closed. To the east of the summit there is only one road leading to the south. There were signs all over it and it is actually a good distance east of the fire.

Probably just trying to scare them off. I'd imagine if they wanted to kill the firefighters that it probably wouldn't have been that hard. Still inexcusable if you ask me. If the account referenced is accurate they should be charged to the fullest extent allowed by law.

Latest posts