Worst Opening Dove Season Ever

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
Texas Parks and Wildlife extended the season this year and said it was going to be a stellar season with the bird population. I dont hardly see any dove moving. I hunt ranch land but always have flocks flying over. Just a couple in the last few days. A couple in range close to the power lines. I got 1 opening morning. I said to heck with it on the second morning of seeing nothing and went to fence building. Maybe they will start moving next week. Maybe with all the rain there is an over abundance of water and food and not alot of reason to move. Who knows but I like dove hunting for the action. Guess time to get my bow sighted in for deer season.

Saw none. I wanted to hunt my place with my Dad. It was the first time since owning it for 8 years.

I have kept the woolly crotons clipped, and have a big stand of fox tails.

My brother who hunts Milo fields and normally limits out, got 8.

Good opener here. Cool front with some rain and clouds had them moving all day. Hunted again this morning and killed a few more. Looked like some new birds too.

Millet is king for doves as far as in concerned. They might like sunflowers a little better, but millet is so cheap and easy it's not even funny.

Not legal to bait dove here, I gotta pay to hunt on peoples corn or milo farms. I wont pay $100 a day to shoot dove. I can "usually" do that at my ranch but not so far this year. Heading out to the field now.

Latest posts