WORST CALVING SEASON EVER!

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
i have had just about all i can stand. never seen so many malpresentations. raising cattle is no longer enjoyable, even at these prices.

Beefy.. sorry to hear about your calving season going bad.. Hope things get better for you

thanks for the sympathy. i was hoping it was just a freak year but now i'm beginning to wonder if sire is affecting the malpresentations somehow. and if so, would his heifers that i am planning on keeping carry the trait?

Could be.. Is it a new bull?
Years ago, I used a Gert bull, (not trying to knock Gerts here, for all you Gert fans) but had so many problems with calving, and other problems, soo... I got rid of him, and ALL those problems stopped. Different bulls... same cows.. different results.

Beefy":kkiybanr said:
thanks for the sympathy. i was hoping it was just a freak year but now i'm beginning to wonder if sire is affecting the malpresentations somehow. and if so, would his heifers that i am planning on keeping carry the trait?

I think it depends on the type of malpresentations , if it was a leg back etc I wouldn't worry about it, but if they were all backwards or breech then I would say that it might be genetic.

Sorry about your season Beefy ,next year will be better (that is what kept me sane last season). Hope all your problems are behind you now . :tiphat:

we all have bad years calving cows.an they are no fun at all,because it makes you want to sell the cows.

Sorry to hear about the rough season Beefy. It makes it harder than it has to be. It has been a rough one here, and hear echo your sentement. Take care and be safe

not a new bull but he is the king of the hill now, last year to present.

Latest posts