worming help needed

Help Support CattleToday:

bchilders

Reaction score
I have wormed my cows with IvomecPlus previously. I was told tonight that Ivomec's patent is over. What products are now available? Has anyone had any esperience? Should I take a sample to my clinic and have it checked for liver flukes? :oops: :help:

bchilders":keuvd7bm said:
I have wormed my cows with IvomecPlus previously. I was told tonight that Ivomec's patent is over. What products are now available? Has anyone had any esperience? Should I take a sample to my clinic and have it checked for liver flukes? :oops: :help:

Liver flukes are mostly along the coast from what I understand.
But Cydectin kills flukes.

There are lots of brands that contain ivermectin. The price has relaxed a little too.

i'm in south georgia and my vet told me that from what he understood we are a little north of the fluke range..
i'm still a little skeptical though.

Beefy":3jcmbn9i said:
i'm in south georgia and my vet told me that from what he understood we are a little north of the fluke range..

A while back I saw a map, which I can;t find now, that showed areas in the US that had liver flukes. There were very few states that were entirely free of thim. Even the northern states

dun

dun":74uixaob said:
Beefy":74uixaob said:

A while back I saw a map, which I can;t find now, that showed areas in the US that had liver flukes. There were very few states that were entirely free of thim. Even the northern states

dun

I'm going to try some ivomec plus anyway just b/c our farm has a lot of wetlands. i dont see how we could NOT have them.

Latest posts