Worlds best beef.

Help Support CattleToday:

S.R.R.

Reaction score
Came across this on the net what a interesting looking animal eh! And to think that it has the best beef in the world! (or so it is said) What is wrong with its feet? Hey I bet it has Angus in it!

Kobe_Cow_Japan.jpg

http://www.answers.com/topic/kobe-beef

The Kobe beef is almost completely white with fat and marbling. The ordinary housewife WOULD NOT buy it because the fat content is so excessive.

Personally I had rather have a "DRY AGED" Select, t-bone than the Wagyu Kobe.

SRR, could you possibly get a rib roast(5 or 6 ribs)down here to me off of that Kobe? No, wait, my Dr. just put me on a diet. :(

ga. prime":1sany8l5 said:
SRR, could you possibly get a rib roast(5 or 6 ribs)down here to me off of that Kobe? No, wait, my Dr. just put me on a diet. :(
That's OK. I am not on a diet. Just send me one of those rib roast's.

Ate a couple 1 inch cubes at a taste test once. It was gross. Then they told us it is usually eaten in very thin slices and almost raw. Didn't have enough to give it another try.

rkaiser":2tf5ov9a said:
Ate a couple 1 inch cubes at a taste test once. It was gross. Then they told us it is usually eaten in very thin slices and almost raw. Didn't have enough to give it another try.

Interesting comment. I have never tried it so I cannot say. Would like to give it a go just to see.

Anyone else ever tried it?

Bez

S.R.R., Interesting Post! Bez, yes we eat Wagyu and also raise them. The meat is very marbled ( not white ) and also extremely tender, see the picture on my Avatar. 1848 is also correct with his post they may be ugly but the meat and genetics does bring a heafty premium. Like all good beef eaters there is only a small percentage of us which enjoy a great ribeye with a heavy amount of marbling, but now I'am not on a diet should be but not! :D

At the University of Wisconsin, researchers have looked at possible carcinogenic substances in meat. To their great surprise, they discovered that certain fats found in meat contain a substance with anti-cancer properties. This substance is also thought to combat arteriosclerosis, the tendency of arteries to become 'silted up.' These effects can be attributed to CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), which occurs mainly in monounsaturated fatty acids such as olive oil.

Further research has shown that - as a result of their genetic properties -Wagyu cattle contain up to 30% more monounsaturated fatty acids than the much-praised Angus cattle.

The latest research results from Pennsylvania State University were published December 2000 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Researchers concluded that eating monounsaturated fatty acids is better for your heart than eating special diets with lean products. The research also shows that Wagyu meat can actually help to reduce cholesterol levels.
Wagyu beef is visually striking because of its wonderful marbling, which results in a never-before-experienced succulence, sure to send your taste buds reeling. But, Wagyu fat is monounsaturated, which has been proven to be better for your health, and melts at normal room temperatures. The rich quality of Wagyu beef gives it that old-fashioned meaty taste when prepared for the table, while still being perfectly suitable as part of a well-balanced, low-cholesterol diet. :heart: :lol:

I find it interesting that the fat is different since they're basicly a composit of a bunch of different breeds.

dun

I would have to say that fedding and time are important to remember here. If fed conventionally, or a bit longer than our regular, the Wagu would more than likely produce an extremely fine carcass more often than not. And I love a well marbled T bone as much as the next guy. However when fed in Japan, or for that Japanese consumer, Wagu cattle have that ability to over do it. And the meat I tried was over done. Like I said, we probably prepared it wrong as well, cooking it in cubes rather than thin and almost sushi style.

rkaiser":2pt2n2j5 said:
I would have to say that fedding and time are important to remember here. If fed conventionally, or a bit longer than our regular, the Wagu would more than likely produce an extremely fine carcass more often than not. And I love a well marbled T bone as much as the next guy. However when fed in Japan, or for that Japanese consumer, Wagu cattle have that ability to over do it. And the meat I tried was over done. Like I said, we probably prepared it wrong as well, cooking it in cubes rather than thin and almost sushi style.
When cooking the Wagyu ( Kobe Style Beef ) you are correct it will cook in almost half the time. I personally am not end to cubed or sliced style beef. I like a big thick steak, slow smoked. :D

If you want good beef, try a South Devon. That's all we eat. Good marbling and very tender.

BA":2zpvxfcb said:
If you want good beef, try a South Devon. That's all we eat. Good marbling and very tender.

Honestly, I kinda like the hereford I eat.

Latest posts