World Beef Expo

Help Support CattleToday:

Boot Jack Bulls

Reaction score
We are busy showing our limis at WBE in Milwaukee this weekend. These are pics of our display and the cattle resting up. We show Saturday morning, so I will have more pictures to post as we go along.

Thanks! This is my sister in showmanship last night. She didn't win, but looked pretty good out there. This is her fall yearling Limi heifer.

This is our fall yearling Limi bull. It was his first time out and he did great. He took reserve champion Limousin bull. I hope to take him to Louisville next fall

This is a spring weanling Limi heifer my sister showed. It was her first time out too. I really think she will make a great cow.

The smiling thing is a no-go. Most judges these days appreciate the intensity she shows and they really don't expect the older youth to smile, just look very professional. Her look is an improvement over the death glare she used to give them! We are planning for L'ville next fall, too busy this go and my mom would like to take the goats to some of the majors over the winter. :hide:

Boot Jack Bulls":1zxaq744 said:
The smiling thing is a no-go. Most judges these days appreciate the intensity she shows and they really don't expect the older youth to smile, just look very professional. Her look is an improvement over the death glare she used to give them! We are planning for L'ville next fall, too busy this go and my mom would like to take the goats to some of the majors over the winter. :hide:
I don't get to go to Louisville every year but remind me and I will for sure come next year.

Will do Kenny! We have shown all over the country, but Louisville is still on the bucket list.

Kathie in Thorp":3gnnj0oz said:
Had friends from the Midwest showing British White cattle there last weekend!
It is a great show and they have a ton of cattle representing the less popular breeds like AB White parks, pinzgauers, betled Galloways, piedmontese, highlands, etc. Some even have theirs national shows there.

It looks like you had some good success showing this past month. I really like the fall yearling bull and the spring weanling heifer.

Love your display! Very classy.
Don't you use straw to bed your cattle on there? I sure would hate to deal with bare dirt if that is what it is.......

Thanks for the compliments all!

BC, those are actually wood chips. Most shows up here provide chip or bark. It is actually great bedding, just needs a good rinse to remove dust and make a nice pack. Most breeders with light colored cattle bring shavings to put over it though, because it will stain a white, silver or cream coat. Only dairy people use straw at shows up north.

That is interesting. We are only allowed straw for bedding here. There is just one bull sale that I go to that uses shavings. Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts