working clothes

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
well there's been some talk of bulls out working, not all up on feed and what not. So, I thought I'd show a pic of one of ours. He's a 3 year old. Was shown for 2 years. Was the World Reserve Senior Champion Bull last year. I posted pictures of him before, when he was being shown and on feed, now he gets no supplement (other than minerals). Both his parents, and a sister, were World Grand Champions.

I know its not the greatest pic, he's not posing or anything. But that was the only pic I could get of him not underneath a mesquite tree.

sd_horizon_Small_.JPG

well? how's he holding up, he's been out since early March? we've got some pretty nice calves out of him, too.

Ryan

Ryan,
He looks like he didn't lose a pound since I last saw him. What will he weigh these days?

Might be a good thing that his head is behind that bush. :D

Googly Moogly

These are some nice Longhorn Herd bulls. The Longhorn Bulls I have see on here before were not really that great. Ryan, that bull looks really good in his work closes. Both of you all have good looking bulls. :cboy:

HOLY COW! You turned your show bull out and he did not fall apart............or die.........or melt......or shrivel up into a turd........and he bred cows without squirting in a cup? And he got dirty and messed up his hair? Some people are never going to believe this. Whats the world coming to??? Is the sky falling????

Nice bull. Looks like he is doing his job just fine after all.

googly_moogly":27v2n6nn said:
Ryan,
He looks like he didn't lose a pound since I last saw him. What will he weigh these days?

Might be a good thing that his head is behind that bush. :D

Googly Moogly

I don't know his about weight, too much. He weighed 1800lbs last year at just over 2 years old. Since then he's lost all his "baby" fat (show fat covering), but he's grown some... So, I would guess in the 1900lbs range, roughly. But that is just a guess.

jnowack":27v2n6nn said:
HOLY COW! You turned your show bull out and he did not fall apart............or die.........or melt......or shrivel up into a turd........and he bred cows without squirting in a cup? And he got dirty and messed up his hair? Some people are never going to believe this. Whats the world coming to??? Is the sky falling????

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked ;-) He did take last summer/fall pretty hard, but we didnt have a lot of grass, so all the animals took it pretty hard. But he is looking good now, or i think so anyways. And where he is standing is pretty close to the best "grazing" area he has.

Ryan

jnowack":kgafepfk said:

Nice bull. Looks like he is doing his job just fine after all.
no those that know better will believe it. but for the folks that dont well thats different. if you took offence too what i said about a working bull you must have misunderstood my point it takes the ones that squirt in a collection tube for the average cattleman too benifit from the genetics so that he can put the offspring in the working shoe's but not comparing pictures of them in the same photo post. thats the differance

Latest posts