Worked cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
done all my vaccinations and sorted pairs,grouped for breeding and am glad it is done. Murphy didn't show up so that helped. ran 136 cows through the chute and only hollered at the wife once she thought it was a Great Day From time we started gathering til we put last ones back in pasture was 6 1/2 hrs pretty good for 3 people and having to take them down the road a mile each way it is days like this you know why you are in the cow business

Sounds like you had a good day .A feller needs a few of those mixed in every once in a while :D .

Larry

Angus Cowman":3crd03sm said:
only hollered at the wife once

That is a good day if she was helping you work cattle. ;-)

Just always keep in mind some women won't help at all, and it takes a special woman to help you work cattle.

Now you and your wife wanna come over here and help me work my cattle? I promise not to yell at her once.... :lol2: :lol2:

bandit80":38axdx9o said:
Angus Cowman":38axdx9o said:
only hollered at the wife once

That is a good day if she was helping you work cattle. ;-)

Just always keep in mind some women won't help at all, and it takes a special woman to help you work cattle.

She helps with everything and she said this morning she didn't even know I hollered once says she just ignores it most of the time. We run close to 2400 acres and also do custom farm work just me and her and occasionally we hire day help

Glad you got it done and no one was hurt. But what if it's your husband you have to drag out of the combine to come help? :clap:

Tomorrow is the big day for us... :cowboy: I dread this as you never know how the cows are going to accommodate you..I have to round up cows and get them secured in the coral/handling facilities myself. Then I work the chute, do all the reporting/recording and the rest is up to the good Doc and hubby..

I cannot promise I will not curse or yell at hubby or vice a verse though.. :lol2:

Wish me luck as the hard part is getting them all locked up.. which is fine by me as I know the girls and babies best.. ;-)

Glad all went well for you ; hope your good day rubs off on me... :)

hillsdown":zuqk0ao8 said:
Tomorrow is the big day for us... :cowboy: I dread this as you never know how the cows are going to accommodate you..I have to round up cows and get them secured in the coral/handling facilities myself. Then I work the chute, do all the reporting/recording and the rest is up to the good Doc and hubby..

I cannot promise I will not curse or yell at hubby or vice a verse though.. :lol2:

Wish me luck as the hard part is getting them all locked up.. which is fine by me as I know the girls and babies best.. ;-)

Glad all went well for you ; hope your good day rubs off on me... :)

Goodluck and we will be Praying for your husband :lol: :lol:

Glad it went well for you. It's good that your wife will help you work the cattle and you should never holler at her! Remember, it's all your fault anyways. :lol:

My wife (the real granny soo!) is very intimidated by the cattle, so she is not much help at all. She may not be much help, but my granddaughter is going to be great at this. :banana:

we worked one bunch of ours last week and i am glad i have 3 sons. it goes smooth with them. my wife makes lunch and drinks, but will not get in front of a cow. she will jump in and help with newborns & bottles which i don't like doing, and she has gotten on the end of a calf pull rope (when she was 8 and a half months pregnant) while i straightened the calf up. she says "she still hates cows and farming " her dad was a dairy farmer. i love her anyway !!!!!!

Angus Cowman":y6pw3qyl said:
Limomike":y6pw3qyl said:
Now you and your wife wanna come over here and help me work my cattle? I promise not to yell at her once.... :lol2: :lol2:

Mike where you at in N.E. Ok I buy all my cows at Vinita Your not 2 far away what day we working them
Was gonna work them today, but with all the rain, looks like its gonna have to wait until Sunday. :nod:
Yep, we are close. I live just to the north west of Claremore.

Limomike":34pf4fd5 said:
Angus Cowman":34pf4fd5 said:
Limomike":34pf4fd5 said:

Mike where you at in N.E. Ok I buy all my cows at Vinita Your not 2 far away what day we working them
Was gonna work them today, but with all the rain, looks like its gonna have to wait until Sunday. :nod:
Yep, we are close. I live just to the north west of Claremore.
send some of that rain my way need it bad

Latest posts