Work boots @&$#

Help Support CattleToday:

T & B farms

Reaction score
Does anyone make a slip on leather work boot that last? I have wore redwing 1105 for all my life pretty much. I love the comfort of them, but they just aren't lasting me. I can have the completely totaled in 8-10 months. They have a 1 year warranty, but I'm getting tired of warranting every pair. I am extremely hard on clothes and boots. I have family and friends that regularly get 2-3 years out of the same boots if that tells you anything.

They need to be very comfortable as i regularly spend 16-20 hour days in them. Price is not a big concern if I could get a couple years out of them. I've tried lace up boots and I'm just not a fan.
Any advice/ suggestions are appreciated

I've actually just switched to hiking shoes. Went to a big boating camping fishing place and found a nice comfortable pair. I walk all day in my job so comfort is a necessity. Been three months and holding up well but we'll see for how long. I usually get two years from boots. Most people around me wear lace ups with the zip on side. Problem is they are all steel caps which are too heavy for what i do.

I've been wearing "Mongrel" boots lately. You probably never heard of them unless someone is peed off with their boots and throws them and curses "Mongrel" boots. I have had a lot of trouble with my feet the last few years and the support they give my feet is terrific, no steel toes as I can't handle the weight but I have got a good couple of years out of this pair and they have stayed watertight to date. I am going to buy a new pair soon to start breaking in as I will be starting on lighting some stacks of of trees from some ground I have recently cleared and stoking up the fires of a morning usually brings about the demise of the soles when I walk on hot coals.

Ken

Justin boots are the most comfortable to wear that I have found. I switched to the lace up hiking boots several years ago though. My current pair is Ariat as I couldn't find what I wanted in Justin's. The Ariats are just as comfortable once they got broke in good.

YES! Blundstones. They are the perfect work boot. Great for the farm and any place you need steel toes. Waterproof and super durable. Clean them up and you can wear them as a dress shoe...my step dad does all the time between swapping from farm and office

https://www.blundstone.ca/

Justins are comfortable.I just can't get them in my size. I wear a 14 3E or 4E depending on the boot.For slip -ons,I usually buy Double H 2555 but the harder soles of those type boots don't work well with my feet if I'm doing a lot of walking or working cattle.The Carolina ot Thorogood lace ups have thicker,softer bottoms.
I try to buy Made in US but for "light wet" conditions the Propet zip fronts My wife got me feel real good.Just a little too low for most.They do make a mid height boot I want to try.

I've had two pairs of Ariat, one I loved and one caused some awful blistering between toes.

I switched over to Twisted X a few months ago and have loved them since. They seem to be holding up extremely well to anything I've thrown at them and are super comfortable, but I can't speak to their longevity yet.

T & B farms said:
I have wore redwing 1105 for all my life pretty much. I love the comfort of them, but they just aren't lasting me. I can have the completely totaled in 8-10 months.
Stay with those, that's as good as it gets.

I like Danners................

https://www.danner.com/men/work?sortId=product-family

TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:
I like Danners................

https://www.danner.com/men/work?sortId=product-family

What is it you like best about them?
The ones I have are labeled made in USA. Just threw a pair away that had 2+ hard years of abuse and still wearable, but decided to go new. My only complaint is they are a little heavy, but every lite boot I ever had would not last.

Did some more digging. They say imported

jl

I may give these a try.

https://www.danner.com/crafter-wellington-11-brown.html

My go to boots are danner gore tex hiking boots & red wing 1172's. Danners are more comfortable but a pain taking on & off on feed days to slip in some rubber boots. I will say the red wings hurt my feet for a while & quit wearing them for a year. Wore the danners everyday almost & picked up the red wings again this year.