Wool socks

Help Support CattleToday:

mlazyj

Reaction score
North of the Missouri ,just south of Saskatchewan
Winter is here and I've turned over the stock of socks from light wool to heavy weights . I wear merino wool year round . The lite weight ones aren't to bad of price , but 70% plus wool heavy weight tall socks , you about got to go to the bank to afford a couple of pair .

cant help you there,, just cotton around here... if i need to turn up the heat, i just double up on em.. those with a hole in em go on first :cowboy:

We wear wool year round too. Solved alot of foot problems for us, especially my Mr. when he switched from cotton socks.

Dun, I had the same idea. I've tried knitting on several occasions, but I can't get the hang of it. I can crochet pretty well, but knitting eludes me. Of course, the proper yarn for socks is pretty expensive too.

mlazyj":6m5mzsjj said:
Winter is here and I've turned over the stock of socks from light wool to heavy weights . I wear merino wool year round . The lite weight ones aren't to bad of price , but 70% plus wool heavy weight tall socks , you about got to go to the bank to afford a couple of pair .

I go through many pairs of wool socks and agree the price is out of this world. Can't live without them though so with Christmas coming up, we see lots of wool socks around here as presents. I have a friend that has a source that works for a shall remain nameless company that handed over about 2 dozen pair a couple of years ago, sadly most have been used beyond repair.

MistyMorning":1dfm95ma said:
mlazyj":1dfm95ma said:

I go through many pairs of wool socks and agree the price is out of this world. Can't live without them though so with Christmas coming up, we see lots of wool socks around here as presents. I have a friend that has a source that works for a shall remain nameless company that handed over about 2 dozen pair a couple of years ago, sadly most have been used beyond repair.

Heck MM I thought you up nort folks just grew yer own this time of year!

Latest posts