Woohoo- It's a heifer :) 4 pic's

Help Support CattleToday:

susie

Reaction score
IMG_2181.jpg
IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg
IMG_2190.jpg

Here's some pictures of my Hereford heifer's calf- she was AI'd to a Murray Grey.
The new heifer weighs 66 pounds- easy birth ( I'd hope so with a 66 pounder) - from sac showing to calf about 10 minutes! In the daytime too! All pictures are within an hour of her birth.
Pretty happy, just thought I'd share :)

Susie

Nice pair...and green grass?! Shucks, we've still got 2 feet of snow over here. Only thing that's clear is the road, and that's only half the time. :lol: ;-)

Congratulations, Susie, you must be thrilled! Cute calf and love those eye markings. Will you be repeating this combination, looks like a good one.

Susie nice calf and nice cross, I may think about using a Murray Grey as a clean up bull. I got to looking at the background of your pics and thought that looks like it could be in my area....Duh!

Nice calf!
Alan

Thanks for all the nice comments about my calf , yes it's pretty exciting for us, our first ever calf.
Baby is pretty funny, already a frolicker. Mama hasn't quit mooing at it, which is funny because I'd only heard her moo one other time her whole life.
I'll see how the little heifer does, but might repeat the breeding. I'm pretty pleased with her, if you can't tell :)
Alan, there are alot of MG breeders in Oregon and SW Washington. Have you been to the website for Northwest Murray gray?

Thanks again,
Susie

Latest posts