woods 10 foot cutter

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
In the market for a new 10 foot pull type cutter can anybody share any info about Woods and their quick change blade system.

Quick chance blades sound interesting, but with Woods quality you will be getting a good squealer if you get median duty or above. I really can't see quick change needed cause blades are not very easy to break. I may have broke a couple blades through the years and I had it were it should not have been then.

kenny thomas said:
I'm wondering if he is talking about a disc mower and not a bush hog. Several brands of disc mowers have quick change blades now.
You maybe on to something. I did do a search on their website and seen where they make a
Flail Shredders, but could not find a disc mower currently being made. Who knows?????????, but if they come out with a quick change stump jumper a lot will be interested.

https://www.woodsequipment.com/

A 3/4 impact with ample air and a sledge makes any blade quick change.

kenny thomas said:
I'm wondering if he is talking about a disc mower and not a bush hog. Several brands of disc mowers have quick change blades now.

I'm talking about a bush hog/rotary cutter.

gertman said:
kenny thomas said:

I'm talking about a bush hog/rotary cutter.
Never seen a quick change. Send some pics if you get it. I'm learning something new every day

Other than replacing a completely trashed/mangled blade, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the need for a quick change blade on a bush hog. I just touch mine up with a 4-1/2" grinder on occasion.

Seriously, how often do you expect to change blades? And is the convenience worth the high probability of a weaker blade retention system?

I agree that a shredder/bush hog blade is something I do Not wanting coming off quickly.
My experience with a 10' Woods cutter was not good. It vibrated terribly from day one even after removing the blades. Initially it did not have rubber couplings. My dealer did an upgrade to rubber couplers that helped the vibration some. It also leaked grease from the two outboard gearboxes from day one. After 3 months my dealer took it in on trade for what I paid for it and bought a Rhino. It has been a great cutter.

Latest posts