Woman work boots

Help Support CattleToday:

born2run

Reaction score
I'm getting a little irritated at my footwear situation. I spend hours and hours on my feet working with dairy cattle. Obviously my feet are consistently getting wet with any number of things, from acid to blood. I've been wearing workboots for years, but have about had enough of them because they don't hold up to the beating I give them. I get about halfway through my shift and have soaked feet. :roll:

I'm willing to invest in a pair of Wellingtons or similar if they have good arch support. Every pair of rubber boots I've owned end up causing me pain. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Buy a set of insoles with arch support. Every shoe I own except New Balance has them added so when I'm dead tired and sore at least my dang feet aren't killing me.

jkwilson":36jxnhf4 said:
Buy a set of insoles with arch support. Every shoe I own except New Balance has them added so when I'm dead tired and sore at least my dang feet aren't killing me.

I'll second the insole advice, and spend 75-100 on the boots. It is well worth the $. I think LaCross has good value. At least I've been happy with their boots.
For workin' folk, not much comes ahead of your feet.

I like LaCross, some Red Wings, and for the muckiest jobs my old LL Bean Maine Hunting boots. They come in lace-up, slip-on, insulated, non-insulated. They all have decent support, and I have an average arch.

I have had a heck of a time finding work boots that fit right, they just don't make a good line of women's work boots! I spent the money and went with RedWings and they killed my feet they kept trying to "tweak" them but I ended up giving them to my daughter. What I have found that works for me is, mens boots. Go 2 sizes smaller. (Sometimes have to order the smaller size as they rarely stock smaller than men's 8s). I like the Georgia Boots, oil them real good regularly and they don't get your feet wet.

I have started buying Ariat boots and they are the most comfortable boot I've owned - but they wont keep your feet from getting wet.

CKC1586":34dyfudi said:
I have had a heck of a time finding work boots that fit right, they just don't make a good line of women's work boots! I spent the money and went with RedWings and they killed my feet they kept trying to "tweak" them but I ended up giving them to my daughter. What I have found that works for me is, mens boots. Go 2 sizes smaller. (Sometimes have to order the smaller size as they rarely stock smaller than men's 8s). I like the Georgia Boots, oil them real good regularly and they don't get your feet wet.

I have had same problem. Womens boots are too narrow unless I get them too long. I can't wear mens, don't make them small enough. Can wear boys but selection is SLIM!

Don't know about the womens boots but the Justin Work Boot for men is the only one to own...............................

If you will be getting them wet everyday, buy two pairs and keep one pair on the boot drier while you're wearing the other pair. Also keep them oiled good with mink oil.

http://www.justinoriginalworkboots.com/ ... id=WKL4908

sidney411":2iuijhzx said:
I have started buying Ariat boots and they are the most comfortable boot I've owned - but they wont keep your feet from getting wet.

I like my Ariat boots, too. Mine do a good job keeping water out, but I seldom am in a position where I am in the wet for several hours at a time. For that, I wear dairy boots. They aren't too comfy, though. I have stepped in deep puddles and the Ariats work, even though they lace. Dairy boots get cold, and I doubt they'd work in cold climates. We dont get much of the cold/wet combo here.

angie":28lo2pxh said:
CKC1586":28lo2pxh said:

I have had same problem. Womens boots are too narrow unless I get them too long. I can't wear mens, don't make them small enough. Can wear boys but selection is SLIM!

You must have tiny little feet! You can order a men's 6 which would be a woman's 4. I sure do like my Georgia Boots.

born2run":lz5qwwc3 said:
I'm getting a little irritated at my footwear situation. I spend hours and hours on my feet working with dairy cattle. Obviously my feet are consistently getting wet with any number of things, from acid to blood. I've been wearing workboots for years, but have about had enough of them because they don't hold up to the beating I give them. I get about halfway through my shift and have soaked feet. :roll:

I'm willing to invest in a pair of Wellingtons or similar if they have good arch support. Every pair of rubber boots I've owned end up causing me pain. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Muck brand rubber boots. I have had simialr problems, someone on this site recommended them, and they last forever, and are comfortable too. They make 2 different heights, I like the taller ones. Check out http://www.workingperson.com

Gail

CKC1586":z6r76sun said:
angie":z6r76sun said:
CKC1586":z6r76sun said:

You must have tiny little feet! You can order a men's 6 which would be a woman's 4. I sure do like my Georgia Boots.

No, not so small, must translate differntly from mens to boys. Mens 7 too big, boys 7 wide fit perfect.

Living in Minnesota means we need so many different kinds of footwear and boots. I just walked through the mud room and this is the inventory there now;

flips flops
crocs
tennis shoes
rubber boots
leather boots
dress shoes
duck shoes

There isn't just one pair of each of those!

soon to be added to the pile;

winter boots crappy ones for the chores and decent ones for ice fishing, snowmobiling etc. Ice skates and winter coats, wool pants and snow pants!

Some days you can wear more than one of the above :D

Latest posts