winter

Help Support CattleToday:

Nope, but I would have sold you that one off my red truck for cheap!

cfpinz":311lryf1 said:

Have your wife haul it out here!

dun":3lebiatz said:
cfpinz":3lebiatz said:

Only if you keep her!

(You can send the plow back if it doesn't suit.)

Yes we did, years ago we cut out part of a big tank for the plow , we had a cutting edge from an old roadgrader turned upside down , we had a frame so we could angle but no trip ,(ouch) we mounted it on a tractor . It worked okay but you had to be careful so you wouldn't hit something if you were moving pretty good because it got nasty , luckily we had it on a smaller tractor so it wasn't too bad , if it had been on a bigger tractor we probably would have made pieces. We actually sold it after we got a better one.

Anyone ever build a snow plow?

Dun do you think we are going to need one this winter?
KY 3 said we were going to be warmer than last winter. I only think the political world is going to warmer.

cfpinz":3aj3v0mn said:
dun":3aj3v0mn said:
cfpinz":3aj3v0mn said:

Only if you keep her!

(You can send the plow back if it doesn't suit.)

WFM as long as I don;t get saddled with a horse in the bargain

hillrancher":378ejbqb said:

KY 3 said we were going to be warmer than last winter. I only think the political world is going to warmer.

The talk is that it's gonna be a snowy winter. I figure it can;t hurt to be prepared.

dun":26x1mwk5 said:
hillrancher":26x1mwk5 said:

The talk is that it's gonna be a snowy winter. I figure it can;t hurt to be prepared.

Can't hurt to be prepared. I got a sled in the shed. Maybe one day.

How heavy of metal do you have to have for a snow plow? I was thinking you might could cut the sides off an old box blade and jury rig some metal that could fit on your frame of your truck or something. Just a thought.

dun":17u3ok92 said:

Wife says the horse is part of the deal. She comes with a Dodge, too.

cfpinz":36x08v8g said:
dun":36x08v8g said:

Wife says the horse is part of the deal. She comes with a Dodge, too.

Well that's 2 strikes against her. If you came along that would be 3 strikes

The reson I asked is I'm trying to figure out if I need wheels or something under the blade to keep it at a uniform hight

dun":5q22jekw said:
The reson I asked is I'm trying to figure out if I need wheels or something under the blade to keep it at a uniform hight

Guage wheels or sliders help especially on gravel drives.

But if I had your money I'd just put in a heated paved driveway.

cfpinz":1ninu6ae said:
dun":1ninu6ae said:

Guage wheels or sliders help especially on gravel drives.

But if I had your money I'd just put in a heated paved driveway.

I actually had tooked at getting the lane fixed up with road base with a proper crown and ditches on either side. The SWAG was about 10K. That pretty much encouraged me to finish my snowplow that I started a couple of years ago.

BIL built one a few years ago. Hubby and I just shook our heads. It was approx 4' x 8' with a hole in the middle. Made out of wood, and a lot of it, that thing is HEAVY. He made it to slip over the end of the bale spear....

Michele

dun":1eecyejy said:

I dont worry too much about the snow, I gotta blade that I put on my tractor that will scrape it off; but its the ice that I dont like. All you can do with that stuff is wait til it melts. After last winter's ice storm.. I would settle for snow instead.

Limomike":1z3arvr4 said:
dun":1z3arvr4 said:

I dont worry too much about the snow, I gotta blade that I put on my tractor that will scrape it off; but its the ice that I dont like. All you can do with that stuff is wait til it melts. After last winter's ice storm.. I would settle for snow instead.

I'm still clearing dmage form the 2007 ice storm.

dun":2auzxcyx said:
Limomike":2auzxcyx said:
dun":2auzxcyx said:

I'm still clearing dmage form the 2007 ice storm.
Yep, know what you mean. I was clearing some trees and branches today as a matter of fact off of a couple of fences that I am running a hot wire on.

Unless you have your hydraulic ram just the right length, you'll want shoes under the blade to stop it from digging in. Make sure the shoes will work both forwards and backwards, as sometimes backblading is handy.

Rod
Plows snow 5 months every year :(