Hay wagon Winter project

Help Support CattleToday:

ohiosteve":5m629rt9 said:
True Grit Farms":5m629rt9 said:
It is. I'm just saying you can get good tires on rims really cheap online if you search.
Craigslist is a good place for used tires. Sky was talking about new spindles, I sure wouldn't go that route unless I had to. I built a couple of hay trailers out of that running gear to feed 4 rolls. Very easy way to feed hay in different pastures.

ohiosteve":1rjitg85 said:
I'm always building hay wagons sky, I enjoy it. That gear isn't real heavy I wouldn't go any longer than 16'. I've been finding rims and tires on Letgo and just swapping the centers if the lug pattern is different. Just did these last weekend got the Goodyear's and rims for $50.

Thanks for the advice I was thinking about a 12' wagon running gear 10 foot floor 12

True Grit Farms":1uu3jund said:
ohiosteve":1uu3jund said:
True Grit Farms":1uu3jund said:
It is. I'm just saying you can get good tires on rims really cheap online if you search.
Craigslist is a good place for used tires. Sky was talking about new spindles, I sure wouldn't go that route unless I had to. I built a couple of hay trailers out of that running gear to feed 4 rolls. Very easy way to feed hay in different pastures.

I don't want to change all spindles but I'm missing a hub and that's the problem I will keep front 2 as they are but will have to do 2 new back spindles and hubs

skyhightree1":2jcmgiha said:
True Grit Farms":2jcmgiha said:
ohiosteve":2jcmgiha said:

I don't want to change all spindles but I'm missing a hub and that's the problem I will keep front 2 as they are but will have to do 2 new back spindles and hubs
I'd try and find the right hub, it looks like an ag hub. I assume that the spindle must be ruined?

jltrent":2ecyqd14 said:
We have several hay wagons like that. I wish those wagons were out of the way in the barns as I am not going to ever use them. Some of them are piled high with junk.
I've noticed empty wagons are a really handy place to put everything and anything when they're sitting over the winter, make a handy workbench too. I'm thinking about trying to stack wagons 2 maybe 3 high to take up less space in my shed this winter.

ohiosteve":2jkumwyx said:
jltrent":2jkumwyx said:
We have several hay wagons like that. I wish those wagons were out of the way in the barns as I am not going to ever use them. Some of them are piled high with junk.
I've noticed empty wagons are a really handy place to put everything and anything when they're sitting over the winter, make a handy workbench too. I'm thinking about trying to stack wagons 2 maybe 3 high to take up less space in my shed this winter.
We never did do it, but I heard my dad say that. You can't let them set out as the floor want last. The ones we have I have creosoted a couple times through the years and they never have sat outside. I latter learned that just about looking at cresote you can get cancer, not going to use that again.

JW IN VA":3i8otkv1 said:
Should be enough older Ford,Gm and Dodge pickups around that used 15" tires.Might ask a tire shop to hold some back from the landfill.
Yep I can get em at the local hillbilly tire shop pretty cheap.

True Grit Farms":2f5antsn said:
skyhightree1":2f5antsn said:
True Grit Farms":2f5antsn said:

I'd try and find the right hub, it looks like an ag hub. I assume that the spindle must be ruined?

Spindles still good but hubs I found aren't long enough

ohiosteve":7w57m4ja said:
JW IN VA":7w57m4ja said:
Should be enough older Ford,Gm and Dodge pickups around that used 15" tires.Might ask a tire shop to hold some back from the landfill.
Yep I can get em at the local hillbilly tire shop pretty cheap.

Tires are no problem I got several hundred I posted a pic about my tire lot hubs and 6 bolt rims was the problem

skyhightree1":3dld54ri said:
True Grit Farms":3dld54ri said:
skyhightree1":3dld54ri said:

Will the other 3 hubs fit on the spindle? I had this same problem with a grain wagon and found the right hub at ag supply. NAPA was next to use less.

True Grit Farms":1io7uret said:
skyhightree1":1io7uret said:
True Grit Farms":1io7uret said:

Will the other 3 hubs fit on the spindle? I had this same problem with a grain wagon and found the right hub at ag supply. NAPA was next to use less.

They fit but I been thinking about making a spacer to make a hub fit. I got a Agri supply 20 mins away but no hubs fit.

Latest posts