Winter storm warning

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
Would you believe that we are gearing up for 1 inch of snow, sheet, and possibly freezing raining. Being a native Texan the frozen stuff is really scary stuff. I see a snow day in the near future. All the news are already talking about closing.

I'm excited - the guy on the radio this morning said some places in CENTRAL TEXAS can expect up to 6 HOURS of STEADY RAIN!! Nothing can ruin my day today if we get even an hour's worth!!

Dusty Britches, are you gettin rain? we have been since I got up. Don't know how long it was rainin before I got up, but it was super nice to open my eyes to the sound of rain. Yeahhhhhhh my rye grass finally came up after bein planted october 29, I just noticed a few sprigs day before yesterday, now this rain will kick it in gear I hope.

Dusty Britches":1aq6kmib said:
I'm excited - the guy on the radio this morning said some places in CENTRAL TEXAS can expect up to 6 HOURS of STEADY RAIN!! Nothing can ruin my day today if we get even an hour's worth!!

I HEAR THAT!!! I'll take 6" of ice if thats what it takes to get some moisture on the ground. :D

im the same way.ill take any moisture we can get rain or snow.the hay bunks are all full.an the wood is stacked in the dry.scott

It is so not fair that yall are getting rain. We have experienced a couple of sprinkles but that is it.

It's on it's way here-they're calling for sleet and snow here after midnight. I'm putting out some extra hay tonight just to make sure the gals have plenty to keep their bellies full and I'm putting our old 14 year old in the barn tonight-I expect she'll either already have had a new calf today when I get home or it'll come tonight.

LUCKY!!! All we got was this "snow" actually sleet it sleeted, guess thats what you would say, but it sleeted alot i left school today at 10 so i wouldn't be absent due to the fact that the majors are next month and i will miss to much school..YES!! but its like below freezin' here and its sleetin' wiht some snow..kinda crazy ready for it to leave!

Mahoney Pursley Ranch ,
I am in your neck of the woods (N. Ft Worth Area.) Everyone around us has gotten at least a little rain, including my parents that live less than 2 miles away. If it would only rain for a couple of hours, we would be over joyed. Unfortunately, it looks like we have to wait for the next front to bring us something measurable.

Woke up to it and it's still rainin, not a whole lot, but it's a nice slow lil mistin rain now after rainin fairly decent most of the day. Look out the pastures are muddy!!!!!! I sure hope the rest of ya'll that need rain get it soon.

We got 5 inches yesterday! To bad our 4 from last week already melted. We are gearing up for another storm and i hope it would hurry up its been to cold. -7 this morning

Beef11":144oj537 said:
We got 5 inches yesterday! To bad our 4 from last week already melted. We are gearing up for another storm and i hope it would hurry up its been to cold. -7 this morning

I woke up this morning with 2 in of snow on the truck and cars and still snowing, they say 6 in before it's done. Well a least it's 11 this morning and not 0 like yesterday. Calling for 38-40 buy the weekend that will make it muddy. Jay H.

JHH":au9o6ble said:
Beef11":au9o6ble said:

I woke up this morning with 2 in of snow on the truck and cars and still snowing, they say 6 in before it's done. Well a least it's 11 this morning and not 0 like yesterday. Calling for 38-40 buy the weekend that will make it muddy. Jay H.

Glad we're south of you, only 3/8 inch. Can;t even really tell that it's snowed by looking at the pastures.

dun

Our county and surrounding ones called school off today based on the prediction of 2-4". Aaaahhhh.... I think I was looking forward to a snow day more than the students!

If it'll warm up a little, the tobacco will come in order and we'll get to take some down.

dun":32ep3zk3 said:
JHH":32ep3zk3 said:
Beef11":32ep3zk3 said:

Glad we're south of you, only 3/8 inch. Can;t even really tell that it's snowed by looking at the pastures.

dun

Well its still snowing looks like maybe the weatherman may have missed this one we have about 4 1/2 to 5 inches now and its only 10:30 they say snow till 7:00 or after. Daughter is out of school and BOARD. I told her to clean her room, Dont guess that will happen but she may. JHH

JHH":20yodpqz said:
dun":20yodpqz said:
JHH":20yodpqz said:
Beef11":20yodpqz said:

dun

Well its still snowing looks like maybe the weatherman may have missed this one we have about 4 1/2 to 5 inches now and its only 10:30 they say snow till 7:00 or after. Daughter is out of school and BOARD. I told her to clean her room, Dont guess that will happen but she may. JHH

Although it's supposedly quit here, we're still getting a little of that fine grainy stuff. Since 6 this morning it hasn;t even added another 8th inch so now we're between 3/8 and 1/2 inch but closer to the lower number

dun

Well, we wound up with just over a 1/2 inch of rain, but right now it is all frozen. It's been years since I've seen it this cold. You northerners will think we are whimps - it was 27 degrees this morning with a 25 mile per hour wind. I've been in Colorado with -42 degree wind chills and don't recall it feeling this cold. Our doors on the north side of the house were frozen shut this morning. Had to body slam the doors to open them. Funny - on Saturday just 5 days ago it was 85 degrees.

There's still a 1/2 inch of ice on the roads, but we came into work.

I got pictures of the cows with ice accumulation on them. Poor things look cold and they were sure glad we put out extra hay this morning.

Well the snow has just about quit, looks like we got around 6 inches. They say 0 or below tonight not a good time to be having calves. I have two late heifers that look like they will probably calve tonight. Hope they hold off till sat. JHH

Latest posts