WINNER "Close to Home"

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
The winner of the very first CT photo contest :

CONGRATULATIONS ga.prime :clap:

P1020136.jpg

Very pretty pic ,can we get a brief description of where and when that was taken please GA.

Congratulations to 3waycross for a very close second place . :D

Thank You everyone for submitting entries and voting .I think even though a few blunders we can call this one a success .. :cowboy:

hillsdown":19oh5a39 said:
Very pretty pic ,can we get a brief description of where and when that was taken please GA.

:D Well, thank you hills! You did a great job organizing this whole thing. Thanks also to all the folks submitting entries and all the voters. That was a lot of fun and I look forward to more contests.

I took this photo a couple of years ago in November, but it is more or less unchanged since. The place is here in south central Georgia on the road to my home and farm. My home is not visible in the photo but is on the left at that second rise in the road in the pic. As soon as I saw the category was "close to home" I knew what my entry would be. The only problem was choosing which one of the many I have taken of that stretch of road!

Congrats, ga.prime! What a beautiful photo; it looks like a very nice spot to ride a horse on, just mosey along and daydream, anytime of year.

Congrats Ga, awesome pic :tiphat: :clap: . 3way, maybe next time but that was close :clap:

Actually I think all the entries were great, thanks all for participating.

congrats gaprime thats a pretty pic.reminds me of the dirtroad that goes down to our back hay meadow.

Nce pics everyone. It was a hard choice. For me this one came down to compostion and light.
Congrats GP

Thank you all for being so understanding and kind . :)

Alisonb will post this weeks category either tonight or tomorrow. Also a heads up for the week of New Years . The category will be "Candles, food + wine" so I except nothing but great pics from all of you romantics out there . ;-)

hillsdown":11zfbujj said:

Alisonb will post this weeks category either tonight or tomorrow. Also a heads up for the week of New Years . The category will be "Candles, food + wine" so I except nothing but great pics from all of you romantics out there . ;-)

Do you get to enter that one. If so the rest of us are already behind the 8ball.

3waycross":13nyk2qk said:
hillsdown":13nyk2qk said:

Do you get to enter that one. If so the rest of us are already behind the 8ball.

If this New Years is like last years it will just be me and the 4 legged family members again . So no romantic candle light dinner here ,unless the power goes out .

Great job everyone. Congrats GaP. I really look forward to the next contest, seeing all the great entries gives me something to look forward to. Next time lets have a goal of at least 30 entries.

Latest posts