windy

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Well the winds been whipping through here the last 2 days, fields are still 90/95 % snow covered, but the mud's dried up. :banana: :clap: If this wind keeps up, I'll be complaining about the dust blowing around, here shortly. :lol:

I'm sure not looking foward to walking pasture fence once the snow & wind is done. All I do now is check around where i'm feeding. With this weather seems like all I get done is bringing in firewood.

fitz

We've had some pretty bad wind here the past couple days, but it's nothing like the wind we had a couple weeks ago after the 18" or so of snow/sleet. That wind was terrible. Most of the snow is gone on the farm I live on, but a couple miles up the road everything is still white.

It was very windy here as well the past couple days. I was surprised we didn't lose power. The cows were in the barn that's for sure. we got rain with it too...its so weird the ground is bare and muddy in February for crying out loud! Usually at this time of year we'd be getting blizzards and have feet and feet of snow on the ground. Strange weather patterns lately.

fitz":3beu0y6v said:
I'm sure not looking foward to walking pasture fence once the snow & wind is done. All I do now is check around where i'm feeding. With this weather seems like all I get done is bringing in firewood.

fitz

Did a temporary fix on an old barbwire fence yesterday, I've put high tensile around some of it already, when fencing in the woods, cut or pull the tree off it, it springs back up, good stuff :)

cfpinz":3g5a9ki3 said:
We've had some pretty bad wind here the past couple days, but it's nothing like the wind we had a couple weeks ago after the 18" or so of snow/sleet. That wind was terrible. Most of the snow is gone on the farm I live on, but a couple miles up the road everything is still white.

This one was defiantly worst for us, one of those better hold on to the vehicle door when you open it, or you might be missing one.

Latest posts