will she ever get better ?

Help Support CattleToday:

dac1

Reaction score
cow had a big char calf she is 1000lb cow but from what you guys have said said she has nerve damage her tail lifts when she walks and kinda staggers in her rear im' afraid to let her in the pasture with the rest of the cows our bulls are1800lbs too 2000 lbs we have another one that we will bring from another pasture for the winter he is about 1500lbs now still dont know what to do ? need to sell calf and sell mom bred wondering if i should just sell her for beef good looking cow :roll:

A friend of mine had the same problem. Her cow was fine after 6 months and continued to produce excellent calves every year. I guess it depends upon the individual. Just watch her and I'll bet over time, she'll get better.

need to sell calf and sell mom bred wondering if i should just sell her for beef good looking cow
Do you mean you need to sell them right away???
Anyway, I sure wouldn't breed her back to the same bull she calved to. If she is up & eating well, I would give her time - if she's doing a good job with the calf. She will probably be fine.

Just a thought, maybe she has an infection, walking with her tail up, usually means infection, and although nerve damage is a possibility, I wouldn't rule out some sort of chemical imbalance, they can be wobbly with these kind of defiencies also.

GMN

Latest posts