Why we do it

Help Support CattleToday:

Smallpotatoes

Reaction score
I love seeing everyone's pictures. The view out my backdoor is why I enjoy having cattle. What picture shows why you love what we do?

Here is a loafing area behind the house. The pasture is just outside the tree's.

This is a look out the front :lol2:
Hope you enjoy the pics Smallpotatoes

Last time we got rain, almost a month ago.

Looking%20out%20the%20window.jpg

Because I love happy, docile cows and I love that complete strangers can walk through my cattle with no fear. This is a marketing group from a restaurant that is all "Farm to Table" and the Director of Purchasing for a premium beef company that was out for a marketing photo shoot. This was part of the herd at the south pasture last year.

The Director of Marketing for the restaurant; she had never even been near a cow.

And I love curious calves!

TCRanch, it is nice when you have cooperative animals. In those situations you had, there was definitely and advantage to having "tame" cows. With all those "happy cows" commercials for California dairy products, people look for "happy cows". ;-)

Did it go well with those individuals? were you able to make & close any deals?

Workinonit Farm":x9oy2p1p said:
TCRanch, it is nice when you have cooperative animals. In those situations you had, there was definitely and advantage to having "tame" cows. With all those "happy cows" commercials for California dairy products, people look for "happy cows". ;-)

The Director of Purchasing for Creekstone buys our calves for his family operation. I suspect Creekstone purchases the finished feeders. Interesting, they pay a premium for the heifers but steers are pretty much market value, sometimes a little above (they may retain the heifers? They do a lot of ET). He even brought out a group (6 vans) of chefs from various resorts in Mexico (a couple from Australia) in May and one of the K-State Extension Agents brought out a group of Agents from U of Tenn in April. Farm-to-Table is a big thing now. I don't mind my girls being used for marketing purposes because I want to promote good animal husbandry. My herd is small, right now 50 cow/calf pair, 5 bred replacement heifers, 3 bulls & a couple misfits but it's a manageable size and makes me happy. :heart:
https://tupelohoneycafe.com/blog/creeks ... t-in-beef/

TCRanch":1w2yxlqv said:
Workinonit Farm":1w2yxlqv said:

The Director of Purchasing for Creekstone buys our calves for his family operation. I suspect Creekstone purchases the finished feeders. Interesting, they pay a premium for the heifers but steers are pretty much market value, sometimes a little above (they may retain the heifers? They do a lot of ET). He even brought out a group (6 vans) of chefs from various resorts in Mexico (a couple from Australia) in May and one of the K-State Extension Agents brought out a group of Agents from U of Tenn in April. Farm-to-Table is a big thing now. I don't mind my girls being used for marketing purposes because I want to promote good animal husbandry. My herd is small, right now 50 cow/calf pair, 5 bred replacement heifers, 3 bulls & a couple misfits but it's a manageable size and makes me happy. :heart:
https://tupelohoneycafe.com/blog/creeks ... t-in-beef/

Very nice. :)

Bright Raven":2jodpdx1 said:
My fall calves. Two/three weeks old. I enjoy my cattle.

https://youtu.be/CZ09raqs3Ow
Look at those babies run!
A side note on keeping the bale rings upright: had a bull we referred to as the Village Idiot. One day he decided to re-purpose a bale ring into a giant exercise wheel (channeling his inner gerbil?). The fun lasted all of one minute before he got his enormous neck stuck between the rings. Sometimes the most innocuous things are really an accident waiting to happen.

TCRanch":9s67c8e5 said:
Bright Raven":9s67c8e5 said:
My fall calves. Two/three weeks old. I enjoy my cattle.

https://youtu.be/CZ09raqs3Ow
Look at those babies run!
A side note on keeping the bale rings upright: had a bull we referred to as the Village Idiot. One day he decided to re-purpose a bale ring into a giant exercise wheel (channeling his inner gerbil?). The fun lasted all of one minute before he got his enormous neck stuck between the rings. Sometimes the most innocuous things are really an accident waiting to happen.

Thanks for that side note. I can see that happening.

Great pictures and videos. By the way TCRanch son's father in law also sales to Creekstone and he too is very good to raise them like you on larger basis. That is probably why their beef tastes so good. The Brewery advertises they sale creekstone beef.

Latest posts