Why let the kids have ALL the fun?!

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
My husband and I have been talking about starting a small limousine herd to complement the commercial cows for several years. We have had a couple of bulls in the past and we just loved their calves. We bought a couple of reg. heifers last night. The kids will show them, but then they are our project from then on. Can't wait to get them home and get started with them.

Good luck with them! I'm sure you and your husband will love it.

Good luck to you!!! I wish I could start my own herd of shorties and clubbies but my parents aren't too fond of the idea.

Are you kidding? I don't have any kids, I do all the showing! It's a blast.. trust me, you will totally enjoy it! I showed horses for 20+ years, and showing cattle is SOOO much more fun!

Good luck, and enjoy!

I used to show horses when I was in 4-H years ago. It was fun and I used to wish the kids would follow in my footsteps, but they are enjoying this alot.

We enjoy showing, going to cattle shows are our vacation.
One year I was cleaning up stalls at a county fair and a woman said, "And why aren't your children taking care of their own projects?" I told her our son was in Iraq, our daughter married w/children and was at work, and these were my husband's and my animals in Open Class! She had no idea that adults exhibited livestock!

Latest posts