Why ain't...

Help Support CattleToday:

bball

Reaction score
slick4591":2ue1ous0 said:
buzzards smart enough to pull the carrion out of the road? Just clipped one and scared the peewaddle out of me.

I had one go through the windshield a couple years ago. Nasty creatures.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Be thankful it didn't try and lighten its load and splash some that foul smelling feces on your windshield. Those things are nasty.

greybeard

Reaction score
Same reason I guess, that whatever they're eating didn't have enough sense to just put it in high gear and git on across the road..

dun

Reaction score
What gets me is the never fly to the side or away from you, always straight at you. But those things are tough. I hit one a couple of years ago, probably 35 mph, bent the bumper tore up the grill. Saw it laying in the road behind me. 15 minutes later I came back by and it wasn't there but the same original number were feeding on the possum from the first trip.

Farm Fence Solutions

Reaction score
They definitely aren't as smart as crows. The crows always leave a lookout on the high lines to call out "Car! Car!" when one is coming. By the accent, I'd bet the majority of them to be from the Boston area.

dun

Reaction score
Farm Fence Solutions":lctwhlx3 said:
They definitely aren't as smart as crows. The crows always leave a lookout on the high lines to call out "Car! Car!" when one is coming. By the accent, I'd bet the majority of them to be from the Boston area.
That must be why they still get hit by trucks.

Farm Fence Solutions

Reaction score
dun":2cthuu7e said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2cthuu7e said:
That must be why they still get hit by trucks.

I'd say you're right.