whole lotta mooing goin on.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Had three new ones yesterday. all gray cows. today 4 red cows had calves. One was 145 and one was 145's heifer. i found 145 and 145h hanging out by themselves when i went to check on cows. knew something was up. expected 145h to calve in about 2 weeks according to my records and didnt know when to expect 145 but knew she was getting close. i think they synchronized on purpose. they tried to hide from me all day, together. then another cow came along to join them but she changed her mind and went somewhere else to calve. 145 and 145h calved at the exact same time in the exact same place. suffice it to say there was a whole lotta mooing goin on. the calves got up at the same time and wobbled into each other both fell down. Two distraught moos rang out! 145h calf started sucking on grandma. 145calf wandered over to big sis. several moos later and they were back in a pile on the ground. got my fingers crossed that they'll sort things out themselves. we'll see...

I had two Brahman heifers that calved the same day / time years ago. They both had heifer calves that could nurse on either / or both cows the entire time they were growing up. It wasn't unusual to see both heifers on one, then both on the other. :roll:

TheBullLady":pzzd002v said:
I had two Brahman heifers that calved the same day / time years ago. They both had heifer calves that could nurse on either / or both cows the entire time they were growing up. It wasn't unusual to see both heifers on one, then both on the other. :roll:

Heck, them braymer calves will suck on a fence post.

i think they got it under control. years ago i had two sisters, one white roan beefmaster and one charolais, do this and they got the calves confused and both wanted to take care of one calf so that was an ordeal i had to straighten out.

I have a friend that a cow lost her calf last Sunday she is fighting another mother for her calf so the calf as of now has 2 mothers

Latest posts