Whitetails

Help Support CattleToday:

My husband hunts 2nd season and that hasn't opened yet. Have tried a little pheasant hunting with no luck there.

Didn't get out...to busy shooing the pesky deer out of Susie's rose bushes....bucks are a bit on the small side and usually don't come into the yard in the daylight.
Did put out some steer parts within shotgun range of the back porch today...at least I'll get to shoot something tonight.
Dave Mc

Went camping last weekend on a friends property and Sun. morning we woke to the un-nerving sound of gun shot (2 actually) maybe couple 100 yards (if) from where we were. Haha he got it but not good enough poor deer came up where we were and dog chased it up the hill/mtn. Serves him right he should have at least gave us a heads up being that close. Hope he had fun finding and getting back.

An average(for this area) 8 point the way they count here. Wife has passed up several spikes and small forkys

dun

Farmhand":1st79mhz said:
My husband hunts 2nd season and that hasn't opened yet. Have tried a little pheasant hunting with no luck there.

Tell him to head to I-80 west of Panora about 20 minutes. Couldn't give you an exact town cuzz I wasn't paying attention yesterday. Saw a bug that's rack had it's own zip code. Man he was BIG!!

Jake":a3raju2r said:
Farmhand":a3raju2r said:

Tell him to head to I-80 west of Panora about 20 minutes. Couldn't give you an exact town cuzz I wasn't paying attention yesterday. Saw a bug that's rack had it's own zip code. Man he was BIG!!
Thanks ! I'll give him the info.

Season opened Saturday AM. Saw 4 slicks and a fork horn saturday afternoon. Yesterday, a buttload of squirrels but no deer. I'll probably shoot a doe this week one night if I see one, just for some meat, otherwise I horn hunt. I live in one of the 29 counties where bucks have to have at least 4 points on one side. Deer hunting will be cut short though. I'm headed to my brothers place in East Central Iowa on friday for some pheasant hunting by day and coon hunting by night. I love this time of year!! :D :D

10 yr old son & 8 yr old daughter both killed does last weekend during the youth hunt - now everyone is holding out for the "big" buck... I just hope dad gets a bigger one - otherwise he'll be hard to live with!!!!

Not a whitetail--early muzzleloader season--washington state

100_0475.jpg

Heading out Friday to hunt 2 family farms- 1 in NC and another in WV. West Virginia is usually the better producer. I'll reply in a week with photos if anything happens.

I filled my antlerless tag on Thursday, and I still have an either or tag to fill. I think im gonna fill it with that 5 point that keeps stealing grain in the pasture :roll: ;-) :shock: 8) :cboy:

No time to hunt yet. Still got hay to get in before first frost. I play after the work is done.

flaboy+":tfvlfo9m said:
No time to hunt yet. Still got hay to get in before first frost. I play after the work is done.

You need to move north. Hay has been done for months around here, of course the drought helped that process along

dun

Could make a great "Porch Shot" right now, there's a 6 point chasing Does out here right now,with a spike watching. I play fair, gun season opens Saturday. I'll report back then.So many deer, so little time to hunt.

There was an 8 point grazing on the ridge with the cattle just before dark tonight. 8 is normally a let him walk buck but this guy has mass and distance between each point. He will probably be taken gun season unless he is smart.

Latest posts