Whitetail Deer

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
My brother called; 7 whitetail deer are in the empty pasture.
Should he plug in the electric fence to hold 'em for hunting season? LOL

Told him to call me back after he gets 'em chased into the barn. (no smiley faces to post)

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
If you do get them in the barn call
me that will be some high dollar
Entertainment.
What ever you do don’t rope one, from past experience it won’t be pretty.

greybeard

Reaction score
One got inside a Walmart out in San Angelo 10-12 years back. Made a he// of a mess slippin and slidin on the smooth floor, ran everyone out of the place then started in on the produce section.

boondocks

Reaction score
I have 35-40 in my backyard. Every friggin day. I've tried to get a nuisance permit but the red tape is unreal. Giant lawn rats

BRYANT

Reaction score
most people that have a deer problem are people that will not let anyone hunt

Dave

Reaction score
This is Mule Deer country. A few whitetails have been filtering in. It is unofficial whitetail season year round. Sort of a SSS deal except they get ate instead of buried. Wolves, Mountain Lions, and Grizzlies the standard SSS still applies.

TexasBred

Reaction score
I have whitetails year round but keep the feeder out year round as well. Sometimes they just want to graze. Love to watch them when they start running, jumping, butting heads and acting crazy.

boondocks

Reaction score
BRYANT":1zqzke6h said:
most people that have a deer problem are people that will not let anyone hunt

[laughing face emoji] Not around here. I let several good responsible hunters hunt every year. There are houses around though so I can't let a lot of people hunt at once. I think a neighbor puts put salt--which doesn't help one bit. A few wouldn't bother me but when we have a "resident herd" of about 40-50, it's a problem. Our DEC office has had so many cutbacks that getting a nuisance permit requires a...well, I'm not sure what, but whatever it is I'm lacking it apparently. [crying emoji face]

MRRherefords

Reaction score
boondocks":7usy8yg0 said:
I have 35-40 in my backyard. Every friggin day. I've tried to get a nuisance permit but the red tape is unreal. Giant lawn rats
Same problem here. 40 deer every day. We hunt them hard and allow others to help too. Our problem is our neighbors do not allow the shooting of doe on their property. So deer season rolls around and they are all on the other side of the fence, knowing they are safe. Really frustrating during the season, when you are all ready to go out and plug one after seeing them every day for 6-7 months and the two week season rolls around and they are gone.

boondocks

Reaction score
MRRherefords":26do9k28 said:
boondocks":26do9k28 said:
Same problem here. 40 deer every day. We hunt them hard and allow others to help too. Our problem is our neighbors do not allow the shooting of doe on their property. So deer season rolls around and they are all on the other side of the fence, knowing they are safe. Really frustrating during the season, when you are all ready to go out and plug one after seeing them every day for 6-7 months and the two week season rolls around and they are gone.

OMG you must have my same neighbor. Very frustrating. "Ours" know down to the moment when to skedaddle. I swear they have the hour marked on their calendar and get an "alert."

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
It's really easy for the deer to out smart the majority of the hunters. I see this scenario play out every year. We really appreciate our neighbors who train the deer to come our way during their pre season scouting, cutting shooting lanes, hanging treestands and just walking through the woods checking things out a few weeks before season starts.

Workinonit Farm

Reaction score
MRRherefords":6x26nx9c said:
.and the two week season rolls around and they are gone.

(insert bug-eyed emoticon) 2 weeks??!!! Where we are deer season is, on average, just over 3 months, 7 days a week!

However, in the suburban/urban areas, there's no hunting and the deer are an extreme problem.

MRRherefords

Reaction score
Workinonit Farm":2cdj50s1 said:
MRRherefords":2cdj50s1 said:
.and the two week season rolls around and they are gone.

(insert bug-eyed emoticon) 2 weeks??!!! Where we are deer season is, on average, just over 3 months, 7 days a week!

However, in the suburban/urban areas, there's no hunting and the deer are an extreme problem.
I meant rifle season. Right after Thanksgiving. Really need to break in the crossbow.