White Stuff

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
Woke up to white stuff covering the ground, following almost 3 inches of rain. Anyone else getting any snow?

Isomade":3kkbfqxo said:
Woke up to white stuff covering the ground, following almost 3 inches of rain. Anyone else getting any snow?
It;s on it's way, hasn;t gotten this far north yet

We've had several inches this week. Nothin' major.
The biggest problem is it's REALLY, FREAKIN' COLD out there.
Woke up to 2F this AM, and the high is only going to be 13F!! :cry2: :help:

CottageFarm":241sdcrc said:

you got that right cottage. it's cold as a hore's heart here.......and 6 in of snow.

3waycross":3d6de09b said:
CottageFarm":3d6de09b said:

you got that right cottage. it's cold as a hore's heart here.......and 6 in of snow.
Shouldn't hurt you 3way...it's a dry cold isn't it?? :lol2:

Ended up with nothing but the cold. No compaints from me, except about the cold!

No snow here just cold. Not that cold on the thermameter only about 25 or so. But it has been foggy to go with it which seems to chill more. Anyway I was cold enough on Saturday morning that I stayed inside and cleaned my house. You know that when it is cold enough to make me do that it is chilly out..... Well after a while a football game came on and saved me from doing too much cleaning.

jedstivers":1bmvcjpv said:
Isomade":1bmvcjpv said:
I thought you were in Vagas.
Left Wednesday and came back Sunday

3waycross":1dcscuh6 said:
-10 this morning............. :frowns:
Oh he11 no, I'd pack up and move right now. Well,,, I'd let it warm up first, then I'd be gone.

That got me wanting to know the record low here. It's -11 in 1918, record high was in July of the same year of 109. I know I remember 2 above because I built fence in it but don't know if I've ever seen lower. Lots of days we don't work because it's to cold but have never shut down because it's too hot.

jedstivers":2y3dpiui said:
That got me wanting to know the record low here. It's -11 in 1918, record high was in July of the same year of 109. I know I remember 2 above because I built fence in it but don't know if I've ever seen lower. Lots of days we don't work because it's to cold but have never shut down because it's too hot.
Our record low was -6, high was 118 set this year.

jedstivers":3jlcz1hh said:

I don't know about your area of AR jed, but look up the records for winter 1983, between Dec 20 and thru the first few days of Jan 84'. We had over 2 weeks that the temp never rose above freezing, and record lows well below zero. One night was -14 below. I live about a mile from Lake Wilhelmina were game and fish raise trout in the winter. They were driving trucks out on the lake to bust ice, and then later use an auger to feed the fish. It's about a 200 acre lake, and people were walking and riding 3 wheelers all across it.

We had a beautiful snowfall this morning for about 2 hours. Huge snowflakes, but surface air temp cause them to melt immediately. Up on the mountains it looks like a winter wonderland. My wife went to Idabel OK for an auction this morning, and went over the Kiamichi at 3 Sticks, just south of Big Cedar and said it was beautiful. Yeh, I know ya'll ain't got a clue about where I'm talking about :?: :lol:

Latest posts