Which brand of tools would you buy?

Help Support CattleToday:

Luckiamute

Reaction score
If you were in the market for some very good quality, heavy-duty power/rechargeable battery hand tools like a drill, impact driver, cross-cut power saw, grinder, etc., what brand and models would you buy and why. Milwaukie? Dewalt? Craftsman? Makita? Bosch? Ridgid? Porter-Cable? Kobalt? Ryobi? Others? I am in the market for a few new tools after several of my old ones have "disappeared" recently from the barn. All of my old tools were hand-me-downs from my dad or grandpa, and a lot of those were Craftsman. I know Craftsman/Sears isn't the brand it once was. I need ones where the battery will hold a charge for as long as possible. Thanks! :)

Milwaukee.

A lot of times you can go to the CPO website and buy them reconditioned for a lot less.

Ridgid, they work and have very good warranty. I have a drill, impact driver, impact wrench and saw, no problems.

I like my DeWalt 20V stuff, but I too have became a big fan of Milwaukee. Any future purchases will be Milwaukee. I have a 3/4" impact that I wonder how I ever lived without.

Just to throw a spanner in the works I have a cheap Chinese brand called Ozito marketed by our large discount hardware chain. I accept that they would not be a match for your top brands but they are very cheap, the battery charge lasts a long time. They are very handy and I use and abuse them everywhere, get rained on when it does eventually rain. I have the drill, impact driver, 1/2" drive impact wrench, angle grinder, chainsaw, shopvac and worklight, all of which I use regularly.

Ken

My Dad has Dewalt everything and buys them for me for Christmas when i am lucky. They are great tools the skillsaw is super handy. I am a tobacco farmer by trade we hang alot on outside scaffolds and cover with plastic. The plastic is held on with little boards and metal screws. Long hours of Mexicans using drills. The dewalt batteries were leaving some to be desired. So went looking for something different 3 years ago came home with 2 Bosch drills. Salesman said best batteries i think he was right. They last longer no doubt and was a good value as they came with 2 each. I also like little things that say how much charge left. I now have 4 Bosch drills and a milk crate of batteries. They have been dropped off latters fell in water tanks left on trucks really abused. They all worked yesterday. They get my vote

Whatever works and does not break the bank - sometimes the name is less important than most realize.

Best to all.

the best thing about rigid is that the batteries carry a lifetime warranty if you register them within two weeks when you buy them. i have had good luck with them.

Milwaukee. But only their power tools, hand tools are complete garbage. Their warranty on the power tools can't be beat. I'm on several Milwaukee FB groups and you would not believe what they will honor on warranty.

I have a full set of of Porter Cable and for the price they serve me well and I have almost every tool they offer. But they still don't hold a candle to the Milwaukee tools I use at work. We also have DeWalt and snap on at work but I would rate Milwaukee as the best overall. I do like my Porter Cable for what I spent on them but they simply don't perform as well as the Milwaukee or DeWalt or snap on.

Latest posts