Where do you trout fish

Help Support CattleToday:

I went to Montana once with nothing but time and money. Rented an SUV and struck out for destinations unknown. I would stop by fishing shops, stores or any other gathering places and talk to the locals. They put me on some wonderful fishing spots and I had a blast and caught some terrific fish. Even met an extremely good trout fisherman who took me under his wings for two days and showed me his secrets. We got some beautiful browns and rainbows.

The Arkansas river. It runs about a mile from my front door. Guided there for a few years.

mnmtranching":18lvo7bm said:
Hey Joe! Sounds like something a guy should do again. 8) 8)

You're right on that. Next time I want to do it in Idaho. I got a glimpse of Idaho while I was there and I really liked the looks of the state.

Grand Isle, LA !!!! ;-) Best place for speckled trout and white trout. Elmer's Island to be more exact.

gerardplauche":3plketd6 said:
Grand Isle, LA !!!! ;-) Best place for speckled trout and white trout. Elmer's Island to be more exact.

Sorry Gerald. These folks is talking about them little shad sized trout. Baitfish :)

TexasBred":18lo4pg7 said:
gerardplauche":18lo4pg7 said:

Sorry Gerald. These folks is talking about them little shad sized trout. Baitfish :)

I know, but I thought they may be interested in knowing about saltwater trout. Although, white trout are pretty small, but the fillets are very white.

Gerald, I might run into you at Grand Isle this summer after them trout :!: I am more of a Bartarier Bay man than Elmers Island, I tend to go so far in the back I end up in someone elses front. Last year we fished a lot East of Grand Isle more towards the sulphur mine. We have found larger trout and some big Reds out that way :!:

BTW dont forget the Sand Trout they are smaller but luckely I can Fillet a pretty small fish. Their meat is almost translousent.

In the pond in my front yard. It's about a 1/4 acre and full of trout. We started putting 6 inchers in there a couple of years ago, and now we have some 4 pounders.

3fifty7":1839hrfo said:
Gerald, I might run into you at Grand Isle this summer after them trout :!: I am more of a Bartarier Bay man than Elmers Island, I tend to go so far in the back I end up in someone elses front. Last year we fished a lot East of Grand Isle more towards the sulphur mine. We have found larger trout and some big Reds out that way :!:

I've also fished that area with "Capt Cookie". His methods were a bit questionable, but we always caught fish.

There is a creek that runs through my pasture, less than a quarter mile from the house. The kids use to catch lots of nice trout down there when they were younger. I rarely go fishing down there but I know the sea run cutthroats are great there in the fall. When thinking trout a person should think North and West. The further North and West the better.

Lees Ferry on the Colorado River in Arizona is a world class place to fish for huge Browns and Rainbows. I have fished there several times. I believe the record Rainbow from those waters was 16 plus pounds !

gerardplauche":gi7j7lsm said:
I've also fished that area with "Capt Cookie". His methods were a bit questionable, but we always caught fish.
Dont feel alone I to have fallen victim to the "Cookie Monster". My all time favorite lie has to be "You see that 200 Evinrude back there, its really a 250 with a 200 cover on it" :lol:
But he does put fish in the boat.

American River, Northern California -- My wife has a secret fishing hole where she catches the best rainbow trout ever. :cboy:

Never been trout fishing, but they stock them in the Sipsey Fork of the Warrior River below the Smith Lake Dam on the Walker-Cullman county line. They don't reproduce because the temps are too warm, but the water is cold enough that the trout can survive there. The water is coming through the turbines in the dam and the lake is about 300 feet deep, so there's plenty of cold water right below the dam.

The eastern side of the Sierra mountains in Calif. Up near Bridgeport. Anywhere near there.

Latest posts